• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Class 2 (Max 120mm or 4.75") Tyres for Wet country.

stormridersp

Pebble Pounder
Hi guys, I'm looking for suggestions for a tyre to run Class 2, that's good in the wet, loose ground, wet stones and mud.

My initial research revealed these tyres:

-RC4WD Mickey Thompson 1.9" Baja Claw TTC
-RC4WD Interco IROK 1.9"
-Pro-Line BFGoodrich Krawler T/A KX 1.9" G8
-Pro-Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper XL 1.9" G8
-RC4WD GOODYEAR WRANGLER MT/R 1.9" 4.75"
-PB9014AK - PITBULL ROCK BEAST (ORIGINAL) XOR 1.9 RC TIRES (ALIEN KOMPOUND)
-PB9006AK - PIT BULL - 1.9 GROWLER AT/Extra R/C Scale Tires // ALIEN KOMPOUND
-PB9011NK - PIT BULL - 1.9 ROCK BEAST XL SCALE RC TIRES (ALIEN KOMPOUND)

Cheers

Proline TSL or pitbull RBXL/xor.

rc3wd tires just don't work as well as other options.

I watched some hyrax hook up im 3 inches of snow and very wet rock. They cleared out extremely well. I was not expecting anything to work, there was a set of RB XOR that worked excellent also.

Last edited:
I run the krawlers and after broke in they are awesome on wet stuff and do way better than I imagined in every area. I also just got the mtr and have not run them yet. Rc4wd really stepped it up with this compound and rubbed sidewalls. My krawlers are on a u4 rig that I crawl with and they do awesome with super slow crawling or high wheel speed. And seem to clean out better than my friend hyrax. Can't go wrong with the good old trusted tsl's though!!

I have OG size Rock Beasts on right now but I loved my Iroks. I'd like to get another set of wheels and do a side by side comparison.

I vote for these:

-Pro-Line BFGoodrich Krawler T/A KX 1.9" G8
-Pro-Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper XL 1.9" G8

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RBXL or RC4WD MTR's. Don't fear the MTR fantastic tire. The hyrax doesn't work on wet Wv trails at all. "thumbsup"

I always found that RC4WD Mud Slingers works well in wet/snow - I've run just about every tire out these in the last few years.

Proline Hyrax for sure. Proline TSL Super Swampers second. Pitbull Rock Bests in third.

Lets be honest non of us can recommend a accurate tire to someone we don't know. Hell I can even to people I run with. It's all about finding one that works on the rig you are building and your driving style and where you live. People run stuff I say is awesome and I run stuff they say is the best and we hate each other's. There is no one go to tire anymore. There are so many good ones now! My mtr's have out wheeled hyrax all day long in every condition we run from wet to dry. But they fit me and my rig. I'm no fan boy to anyone bc I buy all my stuff so I try any and everything till it works for me. Mtrs and krawler are what I like but I have seen many others do really well for others.

Back