• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Chassis swap??

I reckon I’m wondering just in general how easy a chassis swap is, it seems easy enough to simply swap all of my parts over to fit just about any chassis, are my assumptions wrong? I have a gen7 and I seen a few diy chassis type deals on amazon and recently started thinking I could simply swap everything over to One. Iv searched pretty decently and couldn’t find anything on the matter so thanks in advance for reading

If you keep the chassis rails the same distance apart from one another and the same wheelbase, it's very simple.

If you make changes to those dimensions, link & shock length will need to be likewise modified.

Pretty straightforward!

An easy start would be copying current layout and making extra locations 5mm-10mm apart to allow for different handling characteristics and ride height...

I'm thinking of cutting up old steel computer side panels and doing the very same thing - some plastic cutting boards can also make decent chassis rails.

I'll likely be sandwiching a couple or 3 layers of the side panel steel for rigidity...

Back