• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Charge/Discharge Other Battery With Traxxas ID EZ-Peak Live (2973)?

smp

I have a Traxxas ID EZ-Peak Live Dual charger, 2973.
I would like to use the Storage Charge option on other LiPo batteries I have with EC3 connectors.
If I purchase the proper EC3-to-TRX connector adapter, will I be able to charge/discharge these other batteries with my Traxxas charger?

Thanks in advance for your advice or concerns.

smp

I'm going to preface this by stating that I honestly have no idea. But I'll chime in here in case you don't get confirmation here. I wouldn't think that the Traxxas charger is going to 'want' to charge any other manufacturer's batteries due to the ID system... even with the adapter. You might also reach out to Traxxas if no one has the answer here but just knowing that the Traxxas charger was designed to only charge Traxxas ID batteries... I doubt that the EC3 to Traxxas adapter will work.

smp, yes you will be able to charge/store other (non-Traxxas) batteries with that charger. There is a balance port on the front of the charger (under a cover plate) that you'll need to use with non-Traxxas ID batteries. Then it's just manually selecting battery type and charge rate.

My update as of this afternoon:
I received my EC3-to-TRX adapters today (got a pack of 3) and I am currently putting a storage charge into my 2S LiPo battery for my Axial Capra. The EZ-Peak Live app says it's going to take a while to get it done, but I will be happy to know that all my batteries, both Traxxas and others, have been successfully charged for storage.

Thanks again, folks, for all your attention and assistance!

smp

Back