• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

changing suspension arms

spaniel57

i picked up lower suspension arms with the 30 deg. bend and i cant get the threded rod out of the orignal arms.do they come out and how do i get them out? without damageing them

You can also double-nut the stud, if there is enough sticking out.

Thread one nut on, then the other, then tighten them against each other. Put the wrench on the bottom nut and spin the stud out.

You can also use a pair of wire cutters to grab it. It will damage the threads a little, so grab as close to the link as you can.

I use needle nose vise grips all the time. Who cares if you scrape the link the rocks will do it anyway, and the threads still work just fine on mine. They are not a tight tolerance or anthing. you just have to get it just tight enough that is doesn't slip but doesn't crush the threads.

Back