• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cc01 - wheels and tires

4j's

Hi can somebody advise me what tires and wheels are good for cc01 jeep,
link and exact model name will be apprecated as I'm new in this hobby :)

Hi, well, that's kind of a whole can of worms you're opening. A lot depends on what you want to do with your CC01. Trailing, light crawling, ridiculous monster truck?

Most people would suggest starting with RC4WD wheels and RC4WD tires. This is a great starting point. The specific model is up to you. A good (more or less) stock sized replacement tire might be the Dirt Grabber, but it all comes down to how aggressive you want to be. The only drawback with RC4WD is pricing. The advantage is quality.

I've got some of their tires, but I'm using Integy High Mass wheels and tires I found at a hobby shop. They're nicely built and a whole bunch cheaper. You will have to jack your suspension up a bit, though.

If you want an affordable, easy starting point and aren't overly worried about scale appearance, you could also try the Losi mini rock crawler wheels and tires. Very grippy!

Anyway, it's entirely up to you and what you want to do with your rig.

here is my project with 1.9 flat irons of a dingo.. had to limit steering a bit.. after running it. i think there a bit tall.. i just got the losi claws.. very close to stock size.. hope that helps ya

Attachments

• 100_5501.jpg
    100_5501.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 11,195
  • 100_5514.jpg
    100_5514.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 10,594
The CC01 doesnt do well IMO with big tires. Stick to tires closest to 3.8" overall height and you'll be good. RC4WD has a large selection of tires that height in both 1.9 and 1.55 size (that is the wheel size-both will work on the cc01).
pablo-

Check these out! Classic steel wheels - value price @ $11 a PAIR!!!

https://store.rc4wd.com/19-VR01-Beadlocks-2-White-_p_2369.html

Here is a pic of mine with flat irons.

32511c44-3a6f-c50b.jpg

Thanks for the head up guys
Thats nice wheels and tires any online store beside RC4WD as they do not ship here in Singapore.

Im looking for more scale looks :)

RCMart.com is in HK so they should ship there if they ship here to USA.

Jammindriver nailed it with those wheels. I have those in black. I repainted them flat black over the black though.
0004-2.jpg

@ pantablo: what tires are those :)

Those are 1.9 RC4WD Mud Thrashers on 1.9 wheels.
Although these are smaller than original. I cut the treads off the sidewall, trimmed down the sidewall outer diameter and reglued the treads back on. Effectively this gave me a shorter overall tire. I also narrowed the tire. You can see at the front tire how the tread pattern changes on the inside, where I took some width out.

pantablo said:
RCMart.com is in HK so they should ship there if they ship here to USA.

Jammindriver nailed it with those wheels. I have those in black. I repainted them flat black over the black though.

Nice!! I'm glad I got them now! They look great! Good thought with the flat black :)

Just waiting for my Pajero and already ordered RC4WD Dirt Grabbers to go with the car as i know that those stock tires are crap. At least it cant go any worse with those tires.

I have been running RC4WD dirt grabbers tires with RC4WD 1.9 OEM white steel rims (beadlocks) and they look super scale and preform well on all surfaces.

Junfac sells some nice upgrades for the CC-01 and the 4 link and skid plate is a must have.

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.ph...h_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=cc01

OEM Steel 1.9 Stock Beadlock Wheel - Black Edition

Dirt Grabber Single 1.9" All Terrain Tire

You can see them in action in this video and a picture on my CC-01 "thumbsup"

Tamiya CC-01 Unimog Mercedes on Vimeo

Unimog_Coyote_Hills91.JPG

Last edited:
Back