• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cat's Cross RC DC8 (Tatra 813 Kolos)

Arctic Cat ZRT

Pebble Pounder
Decided to get back into crawling after a few hiatus. The other year I rebuilt my 1/10 Unimog with portals and never even ran it.

Few weeks ago I decided to sell my 1/14 RC Hydraulic dozer to fund a new build, the rest is going to get a 1:1 car trailer on the road for my pro street car.

Once Cross RC released the DC8 I couldn't resist. The kit is a bit pricey but boy is it worth it. Between the prototypical drivetrain/suspension to all the electronics they included. It definitely is work the price. Planning on making at trial/rally truck out of it. Seem to be quite popular chassis for it over in Europe.

Didn't have to provide to much to finish the build, but what I did supply so far is below:

1. 3 ShiftRC XB servos (2 for steering, the other for shifting)
2. A HW 1080WP ESC I had laying around (would like to upgrade to the HH BL eventually)
3. CrawlerInnovations Deuces Wild single stage foams (vented the tires)
4. RadioLink 6 Channel pistol grip radio

The truck came with a very nice electronics setup and even a 10AMP bec. The included boards control the light system and even isolates the two steering servos that are powered through the include bec at 8.4 volts. Rest of the system runs on 6V from the ESC bec.

Attachments

• IMG_5162.jpg
    IMG_5162.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_5261.jpg
    IMG_5261.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_5260.jpg
    IMG_5260.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_5259.jpg
    IMG_5259.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_5258.jpg
    IMG_5258.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_5222.jpg
    IMG_5222.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_5202.jpg
    IMG_5202.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_5163.jpg
    IMG_5163.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 701
Damn, I'll be watching this build with interest - that tubing job is killer!

Love watching the YouTube clips of these huge trials trucks destroying terrain..."thumbsup"

Also paying attention to this build. I recently picked up my first Cross RC kit - HC4 - and can already see myself being a second. Not interested in the DC8...but, the BT8 has definitely caught my interest. Plus, they are just about to release a new 8x8 kit, but no one had any clue what it might be (the teaser video does an EXCELLENT job of "teasing", and didn't appear to give anything away). If find LOTS of 6x6s in the "multi axle" category, but only three 8x8s (yours, and two others).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the interest. On Sunday I ended up painting the cage as well as getting my signs made up for the cage. I hope to be able to run it this weekend if the weather holds out. Only thing I have left to do between now and then is to make a weight box for the back. I also decided to put clean vinyl on the signed, I don't think the clear coat I put on will clean up well when it gets dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_5263.jpg
    IMG_5263.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 655
Oohh.... :shock:

She's a BEAUTY!

Surprised you built it to this point so quickly!

Oohh.... :shock:

She's a BEAUTY!

Surprised you built it to this point so quickly!

I got the kit on July 8 and had the thing pretty much running om the 20th. I became obsessed and powered through it. Biggest time sink was the axles since the whole things needed to be assembled. Only really started posting the build when I was done with the truck/chassis.

Wife and I decided to get out for a short run after work yesterday. Thing worked beautifully. The light controller was glitching from time to time, may have to figure that out.

I will admit, I am most likely going to build the bed and put it on the back of the truck and shorten the cage. The whole long roll cage and signs aren't too it for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5265.jpg
    IMG_5265.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_5275.jpg
    IMG_5275.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 623
Back