• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Castle BEC 2.0 WP installation

Hoss81

I've seen many questions about the Castle BEC 2.0 WP installation. There are 2 power leads and the instructions from Castle state they both must be hooked up.

For those of us who are installing on a TRX4, we do not have 2 open ports.

After some trial and error I have found a solution with only plugging in one of the connectors to the spare Channel 1 port.

If you plug either of the Castle BEC leads into either of the telemetry ports the receiver won't connect to the radio.

Anyway, here is a YT video I quickly made showing how I did it.

https://youtu.be/zNI-axQ1Y30

Both wires don't need to be hooked up to work and they don't even need to be connected to the same thing. If you want to run one to your receiver and one to a lightbar, that is absolutely fine. The only reason there is 2 is for the current handling rating of the servo connector. It can melt above 10 amps and since the output of the BEC 2.0 is higher than 10, we needed 2. In a crawler it is highly unlikely that your servos will draw enough current to need the second connector.

Both wires don't need to be hooked up to work and they don't even need to be connected to the same thing. If you want to run one to your receiver and one to a lightbar, that is absolutely fine. The only reason there is 2 is for the current handling rating of the servo connector. It can melt above 10 amps and since the output of the BEC 2.0 is higher than 10, we needed 2. In a crawler it is highly unlikely that your servos will draw enough current to need the second connector.

Thanks so much for the reply!

Yeah, the stock TRX4 servos and radio can only take 6V so I'm building a bypass adapter so I can run the BEC wire right into the servo and push 7.4.

There seemed to be alot of questions about this on Youtube and nobody anywhere seemed to answer so I figured I'd show everyone how I handled it.

All I'm going to add is that everyone of these 2.0 becs I've installed has required a ground wire going to the receiver to keep glitching away. Normally I just wire the bec to the steering servo directly, which worked fine with the original castle bec, but not the newer 2.0.

Back