• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Campbell's Dragon Slayer (Yeti build)

cooper_xl

Rock Crawler
My good friend TheGamer asked some time ago if I could make him a Dragon Slayer based on a Axial Yeti. Because he's such a nice guy and the truck is interesting, plans were made and a kit was bought and delivered to me

The 1:1 beast:

shannon-campbell-dragon-slayer-5az-nitto-21.jpg

Plan is simple: Leave the Yeti chassis stock and work around it. Full cage with body panels, interior(as possible ,fake engine(because it's so exposed) and lights

The blueprint for the cage was provided by a fellow RCcrawler user(nsimps) that did one before and cut out some of the work for me..

First steps:

njmIf1Hh.jpg

PDYagdgh.jpg

Y5UsVWNh.jpg

9eD6S3uh.jpg

L3lZPO5h.jpg

disclaimer: the build pics are not great because most of them were taken at night and were just for showing the progress to TheGamer

A thing that I needed to have was the sway bar.

Here in the 1:1(notice the lack of the extra fuel tank hanging of the rear):
shannon-campbell-dragon-slayer-5az-nitto-10.jpg

Mine is far from looking like the actual Antirock sway bar because praticality and function. This buggy will be ride hard and everything needs to last. But has the same pivot point which is important. For that same reason, I couldn't use yeti stock sway bar rod(for the spring steel) but i ended using the same spring steel bar
I put on the M548,but this time 2 pieces together. Has the spring feature,returning to straightness every time
They'll be painted black in the future

wiz4kGEh.jpeg

3fQqJAph.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mQ0zmfgirtU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Videos are set to private

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I got my videos set to Private by default. didn't notice. sorry...

Roof lights:

Ordered a cheap 4 LED spotlight set to use on this build but found them to be a bit small. Designed and printed bigger ones that fitted with lenses from a broken car light .They also have a printed neon green surround ring, not in photos

vP1nuGph.jpg

wwgeRv7h.jpeg

CAsAEyph.jpeg

PfGq8Ahh.jpeg

6pd3Ux6h.jpeg

Last edited:
Body panels are been created with a mix with 3D prints and PVC sheet . I'd love the 3d print them but there's to many angles to pull that off

"Hood"
DZOVve6h.jpeg

d10VwXEh.jpg

8j7HGYIh.jpeg

bvIzO7Gh.jpeg

The cockpit divider, behind the driver, with the radiator mesh
UoRwqMSh.jpg

Also tried to print the small window's mesh in TPU. Went well. They didn't even need anything after printing

lQ70yJ5h.jpg

XulRZRrh.jpeg

Nice bodywork, great details. "thumbsup"

Thanks!

3D printed a LS V8 found on thingiverse, only made different valve covers for the engine itself. Because this engine has unique exhaust headers passing above the engine, had to do them . After trying different methods, printed the flanges and printed several straight tubes that bent with heat to the shape desired. The last section of exhaust, was also 3D printed but required no modifications

mi9sz51h.jpg

k8rO3dlh.jpg

mtii4TBh.jpg

rMnuhQDh.jpg

The real one:
shannon-campbell-dragon-slayer-5az-nitto-13.jpg

next will be the air filters and tubing for the intake

Great work!! Love the Dragon Slayer "thumbsup"

Thanks...It's an awesome truck!

I like to do projects,specially to learn skills. Start something and gain the knowledge along the way. The exhaust introduced me to design tubes in multiple angles and the intake setup needed a little more work to clear the frame and connect the intake manifold and the filter housings

z14iCjCh.jpeg

b5CyO7ih.jpg

mXQNqjxh.jpg

v1hVFtQh.jpeg

JbK8WGCh.jpg

Another beautiful over the top build by cooper_xl. Wish I could see this in person.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Another beautiful over the top build by cooper_xl. Wish I could see this in person.

Many thanks!

Bit of slow progress. Before the fuel tank, already had painted the exhaust with Mr Hobby Mr. Metal Color Stainless. First time with it. Pretty nice paint to apply and looks good. Has that metalic shine, not 100% sure on the color, though.

5yv2pB9h.jpg

Ofm7WUPh.jpg

Air filter housings and intake tubing also painted silver, and the tubing alone got a mate clear coat to stand out from the rest

Got everything assembled just to see how it looks

jx2moDVh.jpg

lwmLVSLh.jpg

wIz5szvh.jpg

Also softened the edges of the sway bars and painted them black

I'm aiming for the interior, next

Great work! The attention to detail here is excellent.

If I owned a full-size Campbell chassis, I would need to pay you to make one of these for me.

Back