• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Came across this torque twist solution for Ascender.

soze

I wanna be Dave
Came across this solution on YouTube. Has anyone tried setting up something similar? Interesting concept. I wonder if this can somehow be done on a K10.

Anti torque twist Vaterra Chevrolet K5 - Team3d.fr

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aajCHQbGDYg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Cs03ScfmqE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another similar solution
325249-dscn5451-jpg

Last edited:
Interesting, So what would you even call that? A torsion bar? Fore to aft sway bar?

I see the linkage and everything but I'm still scratching my head wondering how its able to transfer movement from front to the back considering it has pivot points on on the top piece on each end. It seems like the pivot points would negate its effectiveness but it does look to work really well.

Interesting, So what would you even call that? A torsion bar? Fore to aft sway bar?

I see the linkage and everything but I'm still scratching my head wondering how its able to transfer movement from front to the back considering it has pivot points on on the top piece on each end. It seems like the pivot points would negate its effectiveness but it does look to work really well.

Pivot point is on top of the transmission. That flat area on top of the case where there are screw holes.

21-thickbox_default.jpg

I guess it's like a torsion bar.

Last edited:
Pretty cool, apparently out of stock though, I did the shock mod and it works pretty well, not sure I'd wanna dick around making that at this point, although it doesn't look to complicated to do.

Actually I take that back I have no idea how well these work. I just re-watched these and the first video shows before and after (its bad then it gets better) and theres no explanation of what exactly he did, he also replied to a comment asking what he did saying "top secret", lame

EDIT: ok now I see he's linked to that 3Dfr product page so that is the same linkage as the 2nd video, my bad.

Oh and I noticed they have this item for the Bronco available. http://team3d.fr/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product&id_lang=3

Last edited:
Actually I take that back I have no idea how well these work. I just re-watched these and the first video shows before and after (its bad then it gets better) and theres no explanation of what exactly he did, he also replied to a comment asking what he did saying "top secret", lame

And the 2nd video shows the linkage but no footage of it working.

You made me watch the video again lol, if you look when he goes on the ramp you can see the white styrene piece mounted to the rear axle.

It's a longitudinal torsion bar, a swaybar is a torsion bar, a spring that works by twisting rather than comressing. Either the inventor/maker or somebody else posted here about this when the Ascender was still newly released and people disliked the torque twist. This guy's product works and I've emailed with him before, but I've not tried it, principle is sound and I've watched his videos. :)

Before I did the shock mod on my Bronco the torque twist was no where near as bad as that Blazer in the video, now that I've done the shock mod it's barely noticeable.

I'm going to try a sway bar on mine when I get around to building it. My son's K10/F100 is pretty noticeable.

I guess I should go experiment on his since I'll be converting my kit to using the cage as well. I won't have the rear post area available for me to do the Wraith sway bar mounting position.

Back