• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

c0bra’s unholy trail finder 2

c0bra

RCC Addict
Like the tittle says I am building an unholy trail finder 2!

About this time 2 years ago i finished my first trail finder 2 after it going from a mojave, to a blazer and finally settled on a tamiya f350 body

c1cc01a8d32218ad154601c8f3fe43c9.jpg

I ran it a few times and got bored with it so it changed bodies and everything. Now this truck isn’t that although it will use the same body.

Now the body isn’t the only reason this is an unholy trail finder, I’m also going to be running ssd ar44 axles. So this will be a tf2 with scx10ii axles!

Parts are currently ordered and are on there way here! So far what’s coming is a stock trail finder 2 chassis with g2 shock mounts, stock leafs with mounts, stock transfer case, a&m shackle flip, a&m anti wrap bar, also 2 sets of 90mm pro spec shocks.

This truck will also be getting the rc4wd v8 and transmission with exclusive rc parts. I will also be chopping the hood off and designing my own parts in fusion360 once I get the hang of it. I have small 3D print build now in preparation of a custom build were the parts planning is nearly done, just need the skill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realized the Rc4wd leaf spring mounts that I ordered are for the 1 piece axle ar44 axle housings. I am planning on using ssd ar44 axles so I’m curious if anyone knows if they will work or if there will be clearance issues?

I’ll be able to check myself later on today or tomorrow at the latest.

For those interested the rc4wd leafs that are for a 1 piece axle will not work on a multi piece axle. I checked an Ssd axle and no luck. So I will either design my own or find files on thingiverse or shapeways and print my own

Pics coming soon. Just need to make a few changes to the leaf mounts I designed and reprint them and then should be good!

I also need to put the stock front cover on the rc4wd v8 and possibly clearance it a little bit for the servo

I may have to move the axle mounts and shock mount down a few mm but here is v3 of the leaf mount

44eed63d62b4e9eee6a0f624abf7321c.jpg

I’ve got the truck together on a marlin frame but I will be swapping it for a regular tf2 frame and using locktite. Ignore the tires for now as they are 1.9s. I may use these vanquish wheels and stretch 1.55s onto them

9299c514fcd9f71ab079c8420e1540e0.jpg

a2b61e9e0966325d57f31ac176a4a774.jpg

The truck is sitting a bit tall unfortunately but I may be able to clear a 1.55 growler.

7ca6298a412f17dad4c3a75c4f4af1e6.jpg

V1 of the cab mounts are printing! Is a very simple design but it doesn’t need to be too fancy considering you won’t see it.

The mount will be attached to the chassis on one end and use long screws on the other

Got the truck to basically a roller. It’s got the rc4wd v8 and transmission with mounts and an exclusive rc LS oil pan and will run there aww I take. There is a rc4wd 35t motor crammed inside it. Other than that it’s currently running ssd ar44 axles with custom leaf mounts and a a&m garage anti wrap bar as well as bruiser front leaf mounts (will be changing to a&m +4).

I am going to run a reefs triple 5 servo with reefs horn. This is my first time running this servo and so far I’m impressed with how silent it is, though I am used to savox servos. Will also be running a hobbywing 1080 with ruddog rx and a mt44

d54e1b9343ca6b9ea6c625d9dbfa16cc.jpg

After getting the cab mounts printed I mounted the cab to the chassis and I am not happy at all with how it is sitting. The chassis and everything needs to sit lower which I unfortunately cannot do with these axles and leaf mounts. I’m already using a 6mm screw and don’t want to go shorter.

The other way is to lower the body which I don’t want to do as doing so will cause the body to be the lowest point on the truck and could be completely destroyed because of it.

So for those reasons I am switching to rc4wd yota axles

8a26d812c12103b318c10d1b6648fcf4.jpg

Got just about everything visually mounted in preparation for a crawler demo next weekend. The truck will be done enough to run, but not finished by any means.

I am going to be running a loops arb front bumper for the trail run and I have a loops arb rear bumper and drop bed coming but both won’t be here in time so I will be running the stock tamiya parts

Anyways since the last update it’s currently sitting on yota axles with trimmed wb hd driveshafts. I have also printed the rear bed mounts and am printing an updated version of the cab mounts.

I do have 1.55 pitbull wheels and rock beasts comk g for this thing

Back