• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brushed or brushless?

gokartjon

Getting back in to the hobby after a few years off.

I have a vattera ascender with a 1080 and Crawlmaster sport.
I am building an element. Should I go top notch brushed (brxl and pro combo) or brushless?

The BRXL does not have good enough initial low speed control. I would go brushless.

If it’s in the budget I’d go brushless. Just don’t buy cheap brushless electronics because that’s when you regret not getting brushed.

Honestly brushed or brushless. Unless you go high end for competing etc, the gains really don't justify the high cost IMHO for higher end brushless. Basically spending the money for a light weight brushless set up.

My holmes brushed and 1080 set up is nuke proof. I jumped on the brushless bandwagon, though, so the brushed went in my son's enduro. But never an issue.

Brushless will run slightly longer, truthfully you'd be hard pressed to find a difference in run times unless your doing the exact same run for an entire pack on both set ups.

Now brushless doesn't wear out like brushed (brushes and bearings, both of which wear faster if you like playing in water like I do).

Brushless offers a 2 n 1 via hobbywing and spektrum. This is good for both weight and lack of a seperate ESC (built in) where space or weight matters but don't want to pay a premium.

I have 2 brushed set ups, one is 1080 on stock reddy from my knightrunner, sitting in parts bin atm but works perfect. Other in sons rig.

I have a hobbywing 2 n 1 1800 in my rig I'm using for C2 competitions (I'm new to that side of crawling) and works great.

Have Hobbywing AXE 2300 in my knightrunner. Heavy scale trail rig. Thing can haul ass for a single speed crawler if I want but never lacking on power to pull that heavy ass thing anywhere I want to go.

Just bought the spektrum 2300kv 2 n 1 for current project. Basically hobbywing so expect no difference really besides more available wheel speed vs the 1800.

If I did things over, probably have just put hobbywing 2 n 1 in everything and been done and only for the fact water is of 0 concern.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back