• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brushed motor size for builder kit

surfishjoe

Rock Stacker
Hi gang. So recently I had my sick azz vs 410 builders kit Tacoma out in the trails and the rebuilt brushed motor I have in it started acting up. Before I spend another $30 for Holmes to rebuild my motor I was wondering if a 550 size can would fit without modification. I haven’t had a chance to pull the motor out yet but I remember there being room when I installed the 540. Can I put a 550 in? Thanks and happy 4th!

I had stuck a Reedy Radon 550 can in mine at one point, it was a sealed can stock Element Motor. It barely fit, the back of the motor was hard up against the vfd, It can be done, but its not happy and might not fit all 550 can motors.

I ended up putting in the stock 35 turn 540 from my trail honcho. Surprisingly smooth motor I must say. I sent my crawlmaster expert 13 turn in for rebuild.

Back