• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brand new NB Range Rover body on my SCX-10

Brettka7

After hours upon HOURS of searching, I was able to get a BNIB New Bright Range Rover Sport all the way from the retailer Debenhams UK to SoCal, USA. Initially, I got a "we dont ship there" email, but after forgetting about it, it landed on my door step less than 2 weeks later!

I shortened the wheelbase as much as I could without introducing drivability issues, as the NB RR body is a really short 1:10 body. Trimmed the wheel wells a bit (will rim the fronts more later), used a razor to fully removed the front mounting stalks that are molded onto the NB body for the original chassis, and lots of scratches on my fingers later, was able to make it fit pretty nice (though not perfect) on the SCX-10.

Here are some pics. It was still available at Debenhams website as of October 2015 for ~$60 shipped at http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_106010309099_-1

84D0E3A5-D090-460E-AE94-3FAE67DC0BFB_zpsfpd3ejnr.jpg Photo by blubrett | Photobucket

Mockup before shortening the wheelbase:

And after shortening, with only 2 homemade upper rear links:

Let me know your thoughts, opinions, or ask any questions you may have about the body.

Last edited:
Looks fairly good. It needs to be leveled out some, though. I hope it doesn't stay broke down all the time now.

Back