• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best way to take paint off lexan

mikemollic

Rock Stacker
So I just picked up an axial scx10.2 wrangler and since its an rtr they all come red. I was wonder any tips or tricks to strip paint off lexan so I can re paint it. Or do you think I’m better off just getting another 2017 Jeep body

Lexan, technically polycarbonate plastic, bodies are painted on the inside. The solvents in the paint dissolve into the plastic surface, so it's not something you can chip off, and any solvent strong enough to remove it will ruin the plastic in the process. Some have had some success sanding off inside windows and re-polish them, depending on the body and type of paint used. A few new RedCats got done this way, but for the most part it's an effort in futility.

The rest of us paint the outside, or get a new clear body and paint it the way you want.
And you rock crawl them like most of us they get scratched to rat$hit so having an extra is always a bonus. "thumbsup"

Here's my yellow K10 painted with Tamiya gray. It looks nice, a low-gloss finish, but scratches off pretty easily. This one has finally been retired.

Below that is a body painted with regular spray enamel on the inside...

Odd, I remove lexan paint easily without damage , melting, or discoloration. For small areas 91% isopropyl will work well. To strip an entire body Nitro fuel will work well.
BOTH of these are flammable, SO common safety rules do apply and the well ventilated area also pops up

Try both methods on painted scraps

Think I’ll just paint the outside sounds like the better option for now and I’ll get a body down the road maybe the 2012 Jeep since the roof comes off. As for color I’m thinking a nice gray or gunmetal

Back