• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best shocks for excellent articulation??????

xxinterboyxx

CAN ANYONE ADVISE BEST SHOCKS AND SPRINGS FOR GOOD ARTICULATION? I CHANGED STOCK ONES WITH HOT RACING DUMPERS (THOSE WITHOUT OIL WITH INTERNAL SPRINGS) BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS LIKE WHEN ONE FRONT WHEEL GRIPS TO THE GROUND THE OTHER REMAINS IN AIR AS IF THE SHOCK IS TOO STIFF.
CAN ANYONE ADVISE GOOD SHOCKS OR MODIFICATION PERHAPS EVEN WITH PHOTOS.
THANKS "thumbsup"

Wouldnt losi crawler shocks be too short for an ax 10? If you have them fitted on please could you send photos so i can have a clearer picture of how they fit......thanks again

i have had good luck with GH Racing shock bodies, caps, ect... i ordered the parts and used the stock axial shafts. i am running 400wt. in the rear and 250wt. Mugen Seiki silicone oil. does pretty good.

Wouldnt losi crawler shocks be too short for an ax 10? If you have them fitted on please could you send photos so i can have a clearer picture of how they fit......thanks again

I don't have any pics because the set I'm running is now on a GC1 chassis. They do work though, and you can run the Losi shocks with the stock Axial shafts to make them a little longer if needed.

If you do not have a 4 link set-up as well then you might wanna do that, I use to have that issue but went with a 4link and super soft front and medium spring rears on stock axial shocks and it works great

go with the losi shocks and softer springs. they are really good and flex well. some people use integy shocks but not the best out there, imo. also try different wt. oil for the stock shocks. keep searching the site there is an abundance of info. hope this helps.

new Losi shock location

This is a good thread. I am getting close to mounting my Losi 4" shocks and I had an idea. Because they are so much shorter, has anyone drilled a new upper shock mounting hole in their stock AX10 frame? In other words, moving the upper shock mount holes lower in the side of the frame to get it closer to the stock height. Or do these shocks work better because the CG is that much lower? Let me know your thoughts on repositioning the upper shock location. Thanks for your time.

75fan

i have stock internal sprung and when i get the money i will get the losi shocks with soft springs and one stiffer to help prevent toqure twist

Hi i got losi,s with the stock axial shafts on my TCS Edge 50/50 droop works great also got losi,s on a stock ax10 frame with stock losi shafts an outside springs also works good hope this helps ya oh yea what one of the other guys said bout 4-link really helps on tork rool gotem on both mine "thumbsup"

What kind of chassis are you running? Sprung or droop?

I can tell you the Losi leak alot.......

Lots of good shocks out there the traxxas xxl big bore are good...the losi's are good the HPI's are really nice and expensive. However, none of the 4" shocks work that well on the stock chassis but none of the aftermarket chassis work with 5" shocks so you need to make up your mind what chassis you plan on running before you spend good money on shocks. IMHO

Back