• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Belle Isle Richmond, VA

Jslick

I wanna be Dave
I need some pictures of the area, looking to possibly do a national event there. Any help with pics and info would be appreciated.

John

Here’s a couple pics of the area and a few small events that have been held there, nothing on a national level as far as I’ve been a member of the group, but would be pretty stoked if there was some more major interest in it. I really love the terrain in the whole park. It’s mostly slick rock, but it has everything, truly an Rc crawlers dream!
ca6ea02892bf526d69504b13df14eea5.jpg
f2534584a9f3cf0a5d001ec4666a3b36.jpg
bec4ab0e51ed101a46905582a7e4685d.jpg
341ea86fbe000119b9cb58558a8380c7.jpg
449605f0e515a53507a0abf98447b2df.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome for Scale, any comp Crawler guys drive there? Great pics, do you have any more of the Rocks?

This where where VARCOR ruled when there was comp crawling in VA. Sadly it does not have accessibility for a National event. Difficult and long trek for that kind of event. Also its very sensitive to rain, one day it can be above water and the next below depending on mountain rain/snow melt.

Kbrog, Mariner, and I have crawled every inch of that place.

If there was a scheduled event with the city aware, I'm sure they could open up the access roads to get vehicles onto Belle.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

This where where VARCOR ruled when there was comp crawling in VA. Sadly it does not have accessibility for a National event. Difficult and long trek for that kind of event. Also its very sensitive to rain, one day it can be above water and the next below depending on mountain rain/snow melt.

Kbrog, Mariner, and I have crawled every inch of that place.

What Rowdy said. Even on a good day it still has many water dangers on all courses.

Anybody going to the event down there May 12th? Saw a sign for an event there at Hobby Town, plan on taking my 5 year old son down so he can check it out, see if he takes some interest in RC by seeing other people running, etc.

Hi folks. I live in Charlottesville and am just getting back into the RC Crawling scene. I'm a bit older - owned a ton of Tamiya cars/trucks back in the 80's and recently pulled the trigger on a new RedCat Gen 8. (Yes, I know it isn't an Axial - please don't judge me.)

Is anyone in the area or is there a club to join so we can get together?

Thanks. Looking forward to meeting new folks and diving back into this great hobby.

--T

I live just outside of Richmond in Mechanicsville and would be interested in crawling some rocks sometime if anyone is up for it...I also have a Gen 8

Where and when does the group meet up. I have a Traxxas TRX-4 Land Rover and Thinking about getting my son a Traxxas TRX-4 Sport. We would be interested in viewing and participating in the fun.

Thanks,
Brett

Back