• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

billabong0316

Anyone ever convert their traxxas trx4 bronco ID connector on their truck to a different connector? Would it hurt my rig at all? Trying to go from the new ID connector to a deans or xt60 or ec3. Or a link to a converter that would work. My charger works for the 3 types i was changing to.

I changed mine out with a Deans, runs like a champ.

If soldering isn't your thing, many LHSs will do it for you for a fee; or, if you are a good customer, many will do it for free.

I only run XT30, XT60 and XT90 connectors, they can handle a ton of current and they are easy to solder and easy to grip to disconnect. I use the tiny XT30 for lighting and the XT60 & XT90 will work great on your batteries and esc. I'd recommend you go with the XT60

XT30

XT60

XT90

10-Pairs-Original-Amass-XT30-XT30U-XT60-XT90-Plug-Connector-Male-Female-Gold-Plated-Banana-Plug.jpg

I'll be "that guy" on every RC forum everywhere, and toss the "Crimping" grenade into the convo:
In terms of connections: a REALLY good solder job>Crimp>a poor solder job.

Crimping is mechanical, and a lot harder to screw up. It's also easier to crimp connections in the field, and in the model (not a lot of fun removing an ESC buried in a foamy fuselage on an airplane, just so you don't have to worry about the soldering gun melting anything

I use anderson power poles in my trucks, planes, and boats. Even my 6-cell Arma Talion is happy running on them.
https://powerwerx.com/anderson-powe...HPFoZ4vCzuOVh0c851_iedLSbjIk0UChoCc3kQAvD_BwE

Note, many folks see the various sized pins labeled by amperage (eg. 30 amp connector), and presume they can't handle more amps then that. It's not true (I know for a fact and from experience). Essentially that's the amperage they can handle for prolonged periods of time in environments with zero ventilation (eg. industrial applications).

Cons:
-they're somewhat expensive
-the APP crimping tool is cheaper than a top shelf soldering iron, but $40 still a lot for a specialized tool (worth EVERY penny though)

Pros:
-Ask military aircraft mechanics how they make electrical connections ;)
-it's a lot easier to get a PERFECT crimp, than it is a PERFECT solder job.
-no solder fumes.

Last edited:
-it's a lot easier to get a PERFECT crimp, than it is a PERFECT solder job.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: if that’s the best reasoning you have to not solder something and make a correct connection the first time... then you just keep-on-a-crimpin!

Ain’t nothing easier then a good soldered joint.
Clean it, flux it, tin it, connect it, be done with it.
No 1/2 arse kiddy crimps to fall apart or guess about at the most inopportune times.

a4788e9c10d27c076f524bd869144788.jpg

I upgraded from the really bad stock ec3 connectors that keep losing connection to really crap deans and now after a fair while moved on to xt60’s after finding a decent little soldering jig
The xt60’s soldering tabs rotate which makes life a lot easier , I will never go back now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back