• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Balance Cord Extensions

No-Idea113

I have a Hitec X2 AC Plus charger and it is great. Only fault is the balance cable to the board is very short making it difficult to get batteries in a charge bag.

I have tried some of the extensions that go from the board to the battery with limited success. Mostly those extensions are cheap garbage and I am looking for something better.

Does anyone have any luck with some good ones? I don’t mind paying up for something that isn’t straight junk. ;)

Thank you!

These have worked for me for the last couple years:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/batsaf...MIgZqxrtTJ7gIVuR-tBh2tWA7QEAQYAiABEgKOX_D_BwE

EDIT: and they have a set for just one balance board too (above is for 2/dual channel charger) https://www.amainhobbies.com/batsafe-12-balancing-cable-extension-set-5-baf-blnc-cbl/p709352

I have noticed with these plug ends that the pins on the end tend to migrate out of the plug. Though you can just push them back in place.

One other thing to consider is that batteries can brake their balance wires, I've had this happen 3-4 times (caused by bad design).

Last edited:
Yeah, that is the struggle. I would rather have a high quality plug than deal with lose pins on the plugs.

As for the batteries, similar issues but I have some of the Tattu AB clip on balance protector connectors that would well. I first got them with a Gens Ace battery and then quickly added them to the others. Really helps.

Yeah I cant say those are any different that the rest just that they're working for me so far.

You could also look for a longer lead that goes to the balance board, not sure if that would help or not though.

Yeah I cant say those are any different that the rest just that they're working for me so far.

You could also look for a longer lead that goes to the balance board, not sure if that would help or not though.
If they are working for you that’s better than the ones I have. :ror:

That is a good idea. Is that a standard style connection?
I’ll see if the manual has the specs.

I think thats called a XH adapter, there are different versions out there with differing number of wires which makes the plugs either larger or smaller.

Now that I look for them it seems like its probably easier to find the balance leads.

Back