• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

badger

Administrator
Admin
First off I want to say thanks to Rich and Toby for sending me the new Vaterra 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer Ascender with everything needed to make it RTR! A Spektrum DX4C, Spektrum S6030 Digital High Torque Servo, Tekin FXR Rock Crawler System w/ 35t HD brushed motor and a Reaction 7.4V 4000mAh 2S LiPo.

I know I'm not the first with a Ascender build thread but hopefully the photos are worth the wait.

Hi-Res Image
i-X6XL6jC-XL.jpg

Hi-Res Image
i-dZ2ksjR-XL.jpg

Hi-Res Image
i-9FL63BN-XL.jpg

First thing I noticed much like everyone else is how big the body was as I was taking it out of the box. The is a proper scaled down from the 1:1 or "full size" 1986 Chevy Blazer body, I can hear the branches scraping on the sides of the body now as I'm driving it through some narrow trails. It reminds me of the Hollister Hills free pin striping service that my Mog and FJ both got. "thumbsup"

Hi-Res Image
i-WqtH5mK-XL.jpg

Hi-Res Image
i-v88dP2m-XL.jpg

Hi-Res Image
i-9Hzm4SQ-XL.jpg

Hi-Res Image
i-HRM3FBM-XL.jpg

The next thing I did was take the tires and wheels out cause I had to mount the tires, it's the first thing I do with my kits. The Super Swamper TSL's look great and feel like Losi's sticky compound tires. I have a feeling these tires are going to hook up. The chrome rims are a little too shiny for my taste but I think they fit the '86 era and will grow on me once they get dirty.

Hi-Res Image
i-nx9sZK8-XL.jpg

You don't have to wait for the two speed option. Just pick up a Twin Hammers transmission on ebay. It's the same trans.

Back