• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B2 RTR first breakage!

84yoda

I wanna be Dave
Here's the pictures. Not what I expected to break first. Im about to ordered a new pair ($70 bucks), hopefully this won't happen again but if so, I'll be looking into new rims.

20160829_134056_RichtoneHDR_zps9m6huawy.jpg

20160829_133744_RichtoneHDR_zps61r4qq7a.jpg

Outer wheel face, front side:

20160829_134259_RichtoneHDR_zpshtjur4eb.jpg

Back side:

20160829_134151_RichtoneHDR_zpsdtuet5ia.jpg

Must have been a big fall landing dead on the wheel or cartwheeled down a hill..
So what happened?

Must have been a big fall landing dead on the wheel or cartwheeled down a hill..
So what happened?

Hopefully he's not short tempered like me. So far I've held back but there's been a few times I would have loved to pick mine up and give it a nice friendly toss across the yard!

Ya, you would think a huge drop would cause this but it wasnt. Basically this climb is steep and slippery so it needs a launch up it in the beginning, but this time instead of going up, it launched over and upside down 2-3ft into the next rock over. It was loud but I just thought it was the aluminum housing hitting the rock. Looked it over, didnt see nothing so carried on for another 10-15 min crawling then finally noticed the front right tire wobbling and saw the damage.

Hopefully he's not short tempered like me. So far I've held back but there's been a few times I would have loved to pick mine up and give it a nice friendly toss across the yard!

Lol. The truck doesn't but the tires/foams make me want to throw them!

Lol neither did I. Definitely thought cvds, upper link mount or maybe a rod end would have went first. I got a pair ordered now, and I'll have a spare rim if this happens again.

Like tapped-out said it probably fell on the wheel just right and it broke, fairly common with CF wheels. Another reason I run G10 wheels on my comp crawler.

Ya, you would think a huge drop would cause this but it wasnt. Basically this climb is steep and slippery so it needs a launch up it in the beginning, but this time instead of going up, it launched over and upside down 2-3ft into the next rock over. It was loud but I just thought it was the aluminum housing hitting the rock. Looked it over, didnt see nothing so carried on for another 10-15 min crawling then finally noticed the front right tire wobbling and saw the damage.

Like tapped-out said it probably fell on the wheel just right and it broke, fairly common with CF wheels. Another reason I run G10 wheels on my comp crawler.

Im thinking the 'so it needs a launch' followed by the '2-3ft into the next rock' followed by the 'it was loud' and the 'carried on' may have been the real reason lol. :mrgreen:

But willing to bet between hitting the rock just right and the weakness of the wheel face it was just a bad spot.

The faces are fiberglass but they aren't thick like the G10 material others use. They look like 2mm to me and not the best grade of fiberglass Im betting.

Im thinking the 'so it needs a launch' followed by the '2-3ft into the next rock' followed by the 'it was loud' and the 'carried on' may have been the real reason lol. :mrgreen:

But willing to bet between hitting the rock just right and the weakness of the wheel face it was just a bad spot.

The faces are fiberglass but they aren't thick like the G10 material others use. They look like 2mm to me and not the best grade of fiberglass Im betting.

:lmao: it sounds a lot worse then it really was. Ive had way worse tumbles, drops and smacking plastic rims on rocks and they have all been fine before. I'll get some pictures of the spot later on this week.

Edit: the faces are 2mm.

Last edited:
Replacement rims showed up two days ago. Not sure if ones on the left side are older but I bet there a lot stronger. I wish they were all like that.

20160902_180035_RichtoneHDR_zpsqd4dege3.jpg

if you bought a pr. Of wheels I'd ask RC4WD to correct this. IMO that's not a pr. Of wheels.

Back