• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axle grind?

Brehrocks

On my brand new dingo kit, I put the axles together and there seems to be a rough spot in the gear when rotating it by hand, there is a rough spot for a small rotation then the rest of the gear is fine? Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? Thanks

You could try opening the axle back up, and making sure the screws holding the gear to the locker are screwed in all the way.

The housings on mine are warped...put the guts in a vp housing and smooth as butter...but i only had one vp housing...

I had this happen as well. I ended up doin a little clearance work to the inside of the case. The ring gear was rubbing on the back side. I took a silver sharpe and colored the inside,put it back together and spun it. took it apart and saw the rub marks and that's where I did the clearance work. Smooth as butter now.

Sometimes with the new axial axles they need to be broken in. You can hook a drill to the shaft that sticks out from the axle and run it for a good 5 or 10 minutes. Breaks them in. Only do this if its not a super tough to turn grinding like something is stopping it. If its just a little rough in one part this should butter that up. I just did it to my new axle 1 hour ago. Much better now

I shimmed my pinion gears and have butter smooth operation..but some break in will make them quieter in general.

well if your going to do it by hooking it up to a drill or just running it , make sure you take it apart again and clean out all the material your gear just carved out. its just gonna cause you more problems down the line

Back