• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial Yeti Score Motor/ESC Upgrade - Need Help

JustMakingTea

I have bought an Axial Yeti Score and would like to give it more power and speed. I have a 1 year old Losi Baja Rey that I would like to strip the 3800KV 4 Pole 550 Dynamite Fuse Engine and ESC combo and install it on the Yeti score. Does anyone see any problem in doing this and running the stock gearing?

Assuming 3s batteries, I think 3800 is a bit high for the weight of the yeti, but the shorter/smaller score tires (compared to the rock racer) may help keep the heat out of the motor. Watch the motor/esc temps and use a smaller pinion if needed. Expect low speed to cog and overheat if you are not using the optional 2-speed.

Back