• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial wraith not turning

I just recently got an axial wraith for christmas and today i dont know what happened i try to turn it left it wont work i try to turn it right it wont work. So then i lifted the front wheels off the ground and it will turn but it wont stay straight when i let go of the wheel. any suggestions. P.s. its the rtr completely bone stock

Check to see if your servo horn is tight. Sounds like it is either loose or you may have stripped it.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

My RTR had a crap servo horn out of the box too. Pull the servo horn off, check it out, and put it back together. When you do that make sure you turn everything on and center the steering servo with 0 trim. Then when you put it on you'll need to center it back because you're always a half a spline off :)

Servo horn is the plastic arm that connects the servo gear to the steering linkage. The servo is the little box bolted to your front axle that makes the noise when you turn. The plastic teeth in the horn often strip so the servo just spins inside of it instead of moving the arm left to right

So should I go ahead and order an aluminum then I cause I just took a look and its stripped
Since it's stripped, then yes, get a new one so you can turn. I would recommend an aluminum clamping type servo arm/horn. I usually use one made by GHRacing (AKA, Golden Horizons Racing). You need to see the "spline count" to get the correct one though.8)

just the number of teeth,brand dont matter. iv never had a axial servo, so i cant help ya with tooth count

Back