• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial scx10 parts availability

Axial n00b

Hi, i was looking into buying an Scx10 Deadbolt, but i have 1 concern. If the Scx10 gets discontinued, will Axial still make parts for them and if they do, how long do you guys think for.

Last edited:
You'll be able to find parts for a long time. They have been producing SCX10s for years and the aftermarket it huge. If you cant find an Axial branded part, you will be able to find aftermarket.

Don't get the deadbolt; get an Scx10 ii Honcho for just $30 more! The steering is amazing, plus you get all metal transmission gears. You can easily upgrade to metal links l8er if the new-style plastic links turn to spaghetti. Do you have a charger, batteries, tools, etc or still need to buy them? I can help you find the good but inexpensive stuff. ;)

My concern with the Honcho is that if the 1 piece axle housings or the 1 piece baterry tray/servo mount breaks or gets damaged you can't buy them as far as i know. I will have to get the multi piece axles, baterry tray/servo mount, whitch wil cost more than just replacing a broken piece of the multi pice stuff that the Wrangler and Cherokee have. Besides that i got tools/battery/charger etc.

Last edited:
My concern with the Honcho is that if the 1 piece axle housings or the 1 piece baterry tray/servo mount breaks or gets damaged you can't buy them as far as i know. Basides that i got tools/battery/charger etc.

Worries no. Many many option parts out there still and will available for SCX10. ;-)

Aftermarket metal versions of the Scx10 ii servo mount and panhard, battery tray, and axles exist. Plastic (if you like that stuff) should be available soon if it's not already.

BTW we have an Axial Ax10 mutt, Scx10 OG Honcho, and Scx10 ii Cherokee RTR. The ii is amazing, but the shocks still leak, so go with trx-4 or big bores when you get sick of cleaning up the mess.
1203b5bddd847ab9b75294ffe9cbd226.jpg
1fda59094a693a44de209f619f1254d9.jpg

Last edited:
Back