• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial scx10 ii shocks.

Kryos2027

Started my 1st scx10 ii raw builders kit, and noticed the stock shock reservoirs are for looks only. Should I upgrade the stock shocks housing to aluminum, or just spend the money and buy some with actual working reservoirs? I want to keep things scale, do working reservoirs make a difference or mainly for looks?

Started my 1st scx10 ii raw builders kit, and noticed the stock shock reservoirs are for looks only. Should I upgrade the stock shocks housing to aluminum, or just spend the money and buy some with actual working reservoirs? I want to keep things scale, do working reservoirs make a difference or mainly for looks?

I think I speak for 85% of the people around here when I say just go for some trx4 shocks. New take offs can be had for around $55-60 on eBay. The reservoir’s aren’t necessary, on these you’d never know the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thank you both for the help! Went and purchased them from the ebay link �� ��

You can run the stock axial springs on them also. The Trx4 springs are way too heavy unless you’ve added a lot of weight to your 10.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know! Yea I only added brass knuckles, not to much weight. My trx4 is about 10lbs, my axial build should be about same weight. Should I add more weight for rock crawling? My trx4 sport is more for trails, is why I wana make more of a crawler this round.

Good to know! Yea I only added brass knuckles, not to much weight. My trx4 is about 10lbs, my axial build should be about same weight. Should I add more weight for rock crawling? My trx4 sport is more for trails, is why I wana make more of a crawler this round.

I dont know if you're just guessing on the weight but 10lbs is far too heavy for technical rock crawling.
For a SCX10.2 or similar You'll probably be around 6-7lbs, comp crawlers are in the 4-5 lb range.

Only add as much weight as you need to get the front to rear weight bias where you want it, beyond that weight is not your friend.

Yea I was guessing on weight with my trx4 sport trail truck that I built. Thank you for the heads up on the crawler build weight I'm doing. I added brass knuckles on the front for more front end weight. I'm waiting for traxxas bronco shocks to arrive so I can complete the build. Tried installing a brushed 550 motor but it was to big so went ahead and put in an axial 540 in.

shop around for shocks. there are shocks that also have everything internal so you dont see the springs. just depends on what look you are going for.

Back