• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial SCX10-based 2.2 Crawler

wwaveform

Long story short, Tower Hobbies had the Integy cage on sale so I bought it. Threw together some spare SCX10 II parts I had laying around, and came up with this thing.

Has AR44 axles and links from an SCX10 II RBK
Axial 35T brushed motor out of my Bomber
Arrma brushed ESC
Spektrum S614 servo (was a warranty replacement for my Bomber but I got a Hitec for that while I was waiting for it)

Since I didn't have appropriate shocks or tires, I got a set of Pro-line 110mm scaler shocks and Duratrax Deep Woods. These are some of the tallest 1/10 tires I've ever seen!

Anyways I'm not really a "comp crawling" person, just threw this together with mostly stuff I had laying around from previous projects.

5mRHZ71h.jpg

8PYJz1Nh.jpg

r1VqyEyh.jpg

The SCX10 parts that found their way into this build were originally going to be an SCX-based Gelande D90

With D/R maxed out it does hit the links, but I can just back that off a bit and we're good. Turning radius isn't the best honestly, but it could be worse. I think smaller tires would help

I finally got a set of extensions for my crawler. Looks amazing. I'm getting obsessed with this thing quickly

Fp0FoV3h.jpg

Tjc8IvQh.jpg

That looks great man!!!

Glad I’m not the only one that thinks the Deep Woods 2.2’s are tall.
I wonder if different foams would make a difference on how rounded off they look, I guess unless that’s the way they’re designed.

Last edited:
If those are the stock one piece axles they perform great but they are not very strong. Be on the look out for deal on three piece (eventually you will probably need aluminum ends or some SSDs.

Back