• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Anybody still using and upgrading their WK based crawler?

Anybody still really using this rig? I love tinkering with mine and am still working on it as I have funds and time. I will post a list of upgrades/mods soon as well as some current pics.

I've still got both of mine, the trail basher and the clod tired monster, been a while since I've run the monster and a few years on the trail basher.

My son has one and runs it whenever we go out.
Basically all we have done to it is build a servo mount for the axle.
That helped the steering out a lot.
Recently he put a brushless system out of his Slash into it.
Man does it fly now when he pulls the trigger....

I'm still modding mine and love the truck. I know its not a "scale" truck and mine never will be because of my intentions for this platform. I love the idea of making it more and more capable on rocks and any other terrain it could encounter. I like the looks of a comp crawler (with my Parma Xciter body) but also have a Proline '72 Chevy C10 body I'm going to paint for it. I"m hoping it looks kinda like a Georgia mud truck with the Chevy body. I will probably do minimal trimming on the Chevy body and limit my stock HPI shocks to work with it making a nice looking and challenging trail truck setup. I want to get a good set of shocks to tune and use with the Parma body when I feel like an all out rock crawling setup. that way I can switch back and forth with minimal effort. I have removed the battery tray and have a small 3 cell lipo that I have to find a home for on the chassis (which has been "tummy tucked"). I'm still trying to locate my receiver and want to get a Castle BEC to go along with the Castle Sidewinder 3 I have got mounted to the chassis. I'd like to figure out a way to put a really small 3 cell on the axle when I'm using the comp crawler style setup to help with lowering the weight. I'll get some pics as soon as I can and put together a current parts/mods list for my next post. I'd love to see and hear about all of your custom mods and hear any recommendations on my rig when I get the pics up.

Back