• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Any scalers run on the epic Black Hills trails?

karajabola

Pebble Pounder
Hey folks,

I used to come out that direction for 1:1 events like the Dakota Territory Challenge (Black Hills 4 Wheelers) and the Black Hills Cruiser Classic (Dakota Territory Cruisers) back when I was a kid.

Now I'm an adult and play with toy trucks :lmao:

Do any of you folks do runs on some of the classic trails the 1:1's run on (upper/lower buzzworm, kong, jake, iceman, hal johns, etc.)?

Just curious, thanks.

PS, one tip: Don't try to mountain bike Hal John's, it won't go well ;-)

Last edited:
My kids and I were running them this summer on Hal Johns. And then tie them up on the back of the Jeep when we run out of batteries. I don't get them out to much in the winter though. Especially considering many of the 1:1 trails close down in the winter months.

hal%20johns_zpscdht7iky.jpg

Looks familiar :). Though I swear that huge boulder in the foreground you have to squeeze by wasn't there the last time I was out there in 1998

Last edited:
Back