• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another northern England crawl spot

wallaz

Landy mad
Had a run out four a couple of hours this afternoon to check out a new location on the coast.

I have crawled lower down the coast not far from here and have seen it but never checked it over.

I believe I have found my crawling nirvana.

Approximately 3 miles of near uninterupted crawlable rock. "thumbsup"

It's only about three quarters of an hours drive away as well.

Overall pictures for the jealous.

DSCF0609.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

DSCF0617.jpg

DSCF0619.jpg

Some close up shots of the terrain

DSCF0604.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

If after the January meet, which I'll try and get to, anyone wants to meet here, post here or PM closer to the time you want to meet

Well Ian that looks a good spot.

Unfortunately I dont think we will get to that one. It takes me two hours to get to Hartlepool from Hunmanby. Looks like Caster is a bit to far out.

Looks like it could be a good day out , any cheap b an b's in that area ?? might cost me an arm and a leg in the V8 but it looks like it could be worth the trip .

Steanlol,

There's probably quite a few b and b's close by.
It's part of the Northumberland coastal route and pulls a few visitors in.
Have you got gas on the V8? I know it's really the only way I can run mine.

Tronk,

Seems a bit long to get to Hartlepool. Can't remember how long it took to get to Filey from Newcastle. Remember making the mistake of heading over the Sutton Bank road. It takes ages to get to the motorway, would probably be quicker going up the coast.

If anyone can make it brilliant, if not, well, I'll have to play with myself again ;-)

Good Day Wallaz.

Regarding Hartlepool. I built a food factory on Brenda Road a year ago. I used to go via Whitby and I also used to go via Thirsk and the A19. The best I did it in was 1 hour and fifty minutes.

Tronk said:
The best I did it in was 1 hour and fifty minutes.

Must have took me longer than i thought to get to Filey that time i called down.

It's a shame we couldn't find something like this somewhere in the middle of us.

Hi Wallaz.

There must be somewhere. If you want to meet at Whitby for something to eat, we could then have a tootle about to see what we can find for the afternoon. Let me know what you think

Last edited:
How about a meet at Staithes.

Not sure if James's knee could put up with the bank though.

You could drive him down and then drop him and the gear off and then park car at the top in the car park. Then afterwards drive down and pick him up?

Will have to check tide tables for best dates.

I know low tide this weekend is around luch time, so it'll be getting later next week. If the seas is flat calm it may not make much difference if tide is in?

Let's know what you think.

Either of those is ok. Which ever suits you the best. You just tell me a time and we will be there. [Yes James, I did say we].
I am not sure what crystals are in my truck. I will look tomorrow and let you know.
If James cannot manage the hill he will have to wait in the car whilst we go play.

Tronk said:
Either of those is ok. Which ever suits you the best. You just tell me a time and we will be there. [Yes James, I did say we].
I am not sure what crystals are in my truck. I will look tomorrow and let you know.
If James cannot manage the hill he will have to wait in the car whilst we go play:-( .

Dad WE have a set of crystals if you need them"thumbsup"

Back