• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Amphibious Lurker (Sherp ATV)

Shape_Shifter

Rock Crawler
A hell of a lot of fun!

This is the King Kong RC Lurker kit. It's a scale replica of the full size Sherp ATV. It has a wild three-motor drive train that run through three differential gear boxes. Its a tractor steer, but doesn't require any programming or special controller. Any two channel RC unit will work.

I built the kit in pretty much stock form but I painted a few things and designed and installed the LED lights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CSuQtBhDgbc?si=NmDd7bSbve4_qZ-1" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

After breaking through the ice and trying to get out, it took on a lot of water over the transom so I decided to make a bilge-pump.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lEDpEVDOm0g?si=cYpBE9iVyNFC7Pim" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I got this tiny 6 volt pump on ebay. Not sure what it's originally for.

I designed a mount bracket for it in AutoCAD.

I printed the prototype in green, but the final part I printed black.

The bracket clamps over the side drive belt rail and holds the pump flat against the bottom of the hull (chassis?).

I use some silicone tubing I had laying around to mount to the riser pipe.

I also designed and printed the riser pipe.

The pump is a little taller than the lower battery deck so I had to cut a relief hole. This lower deck is covered by the upper deck and can't be seen when running anyway.

I wired the pump to the Aux channel using an RC switch module so I can turn the pump on and off from the transmitter.

Sweet, love the Sherpa, a boat with wheels. Great running in the video , looked quite controllable in that water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sweet, love the Sherpa, a boat with wheels. Great running in the video , looked quite controllable in that water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the video was mild because I was trying to drive and video at the same time, but I spent a lot of time out on the water. Im surprised how well the tires propel this thing.

Have you seen that bilge pump working on you rig? Do you have a link for the pump? I'm looking for something like that for a project I have.

Have you seen that bilge pump working on you rig? Do you have a link for the pump? I'm looking for something like that for a project I have.

I used one like this to cool a small 2gal pot still worm, for hobby purposes only, during covid layoff. Supplied power to it with a 2s lipo. It moved a decent amount of water from an ice chest of iced water.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2645113114...-mvR2LQQfe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Yep, that's the pump!

Back