• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

a noob's yeti and some kydex

kapitanmanok

diy stuff for a yeti

Hi all! First time to post! Been reading the whole yeti forum ever since I got my son a yeti last weekend. Haven't upgraded anything yet technically, but have diy'd these arm sliders from a kydex sheet that a friend gave me. First time working with kydex, and can see a lot of uses for it. Just heat it up for 5-10 seconds with a torch, mold it to the shape that you want, let it cool and becomes solid again!

Tested it out earlier with my son in a little spot I found full of rocks and would make a good u4 course, glad to see the arm sliders working. Also made a little protector for the bulkhead where the hinge pins are as well. Here are some pics

P_20160815_143238_zpsypfi09mo.jpg

P_20160815_152347_zpsoqca8wsp.jpg

Also made a dirt cover from a black plastic folder and screwed onto the tub to try and keep the crud to a minimum inside the tub. Worked a treat today in the mud!

P_20160815_143723_zpssqdrwq5u.jpg

After the day's run: the body panels are all kydex as well

P_20160815_173350_zpssclcpsia.jpg

And to top it off, made a short vid of today's fun. My 6 yr old son was driving the yeti the whole time while I was working the cam. Sorry for the music, my cam's microphone is busted at the moment so had to put in some music for now. Hope y'all enjoy, may son sure did driving his yeti ☺

http://youtu.be/l3AwXvlQjE8

Last edited:
Welcome to the Yeti noobs[emoji106] [emoji6] I'm also a noob in this part of rc.
Wasn't aware of kylex you used for the skids, bought some tbrs. Nice diy Mod.
I think it's not far you will need a Second One to Drive with your son[emoji41]

sent by magic_yeti :)

Welcome to the Yeti noobs[emoji106] [emoji6] I'm also a noob in this part of rc.
Wasn't aware of kylex you used for the skids, bought some tbrs. Nice diy Mod.
I think it's not far you will need a Second One to Drive with your son[emoji41]

sent by magic_yeti :)

Thanks man! Yeah I was considering the tbone skids and was looking at them on the website when I suddenly realized that they look a lot like kydex so I whipped the sheet out and started cutting ☺

Good idea! Im partial to kydex...usually in the form of holsters though. Expanded PVC is much cheaper and may also do good for skid plates too. Its even easier to form, becomes soft with a much lower temperature.

Back