• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

6x6 Tamiya Knight Hauler?

alexchen86

I wanna be Dave
Itching to start a new build. I've done up a Tamiya Tundra HighLift stock motor stock tranny with a Tamiya FM 4 channel stick tx/Rx with the MFC.

I have a 4pl for years now and want to build up a 6x6 with minor off-road trail capability like the long haul off road 18 wheelers in Australia....

Where would most of you start? Get the kit....maybe tranny swap to a single speed like a loaded scx10 or Wraith tranny, axles/axle internals, tires?

I'm interested in the mean bull guard up front, almost indestructible drivetrain as possible, water resistant as much as possible, and still be scale running 1.7"

Pointers?

knight hauler has a longer wheelbase than the usual 6x4 semi trucks so it's easier to mod/get a longer output shaft from the german guy(gearbox doctor) then get a steerable driven front axle like tlt, high lift ones, then connect it.

How does the three speed tranny handle it? Or should I just dump it in favor of something simple like a loaded Axial tranny?

Back