• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

4 Wheel Steering Question

lnc0321

Hi Guys,

Trying to set up my old Tamiya CR-01 with 4 wheel steering. I will be using only one channel for it. I have the Y harness and a servo reverser. The issue is that when use the servo reverser only 1 servo will work. When I remove the reverser both will work. Any idea what can cause this? Thank you

Bad reverser? Does it work plugged into the front servo? Or plug it into the throttle and see if it works. A splitter will split the signal obviously, I wonder if the signal is a bit too weak once split.

I think you can find a Y-harness with built in reversing, I've got one on mine IIRC.

He said he has one with reversing but it's only operating one servo. Sounds like a bad reversing Y harness or connection - a little troubleshooting might be able to identify the problem. Or just get a new Y harness. Signal strength shouldn't be a problem.

..... I have the Y harness and a servo reverser..... When I remove the reverser both will work.

He said he has one with reversing but it's only operating one servo. Sounds like a bad reversing Y harness or connection...

I can read, thank you very much. OP is clearly stating he has a Y harness and a separate servo reverser. Hence, assuming the Y harness is working - which is sounds like it is, try the reverser on some other channels to see if its the problem. If it is, there is an all in one solution (reversing Y-harness) available.

Last edited:
Thank you guys.

So still not working. Y harness without reverser and both servos work. As soon as I put the reverser in the Y harness only the servo with the reverser works. I also tried the reverser without Y harness and it works. Tried a new radio system as well and still same issue. Not sure if these type of reversers can cause that issue. Here is the one i purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L2N7C12?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Sorry OSRC.

Definitely need what he said. A reversing Y harness is meant for your application, not the one you are using.

Do you guys have any links where I can find a reversing Y harness? I don't seem to find any :cry:

Expert Electronics - EXRA320

You can find it at Horizon Hobby or other hobby stores.

After looking more extensively you're right. I cant find one either.

An alternative might be to get a receiver with additional channels. I don't know what radio system you're using so maybe that's not an option.

Hi Guys,

Trying to set up my old Tamiya CR-01 with 4 wheel steering. I will be using only one channel for it. I have the Y harness and a servo reverser. The issue is that when use the servo reverser only 1 servo will work. When I remove the reverser both will work. Any idea what can cause this? Thank you
People would be better able to assist if you indicated what Tx & Rx you're trying to use.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

If your radio has an extra two or three-position channel, then a part that I make may help you:

https://www.heyokperformance.com/4WS_for_3_or_2_Position_Channel/p1742582_8019645.aspx

4ws20221.jpg

People would be better able to assist if you indicated what Tx & Rx you're trying to use.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Hi,

I am using a Flysky GT3B 3 channel radio.

Thank you

Hi,

I am using a Flysky GT3B 3 channel radio.

Thank you
I have a GT3C, which is (essentially) the same as the GT3B. No additional hardware should be needed, as the Tx has the ability to do 4WS. There are plenty of online instructions, including videos, showing you how to hack the firmware, to enable 4WS.

Just in case you weren't already aware, there are several 'upgrades' that can be done to the GT3 series of Tx, including the ability to add additional channels.

I have a GT3C, which is (essentially) the same as the GT3B. No additional hardware should be needed, as the Tx has the ability to do 4WS. There are plenty of online instructions, including videos, showing you how to hack the firmware, to enable 4WS.

Just in case you weren't already aware, there are several 'upgrades' that can be done to the GT3 series of Tx, including the ability to add additional channels.

the gt3b/c are great radios but they need to be hacked

there not hard to hack but you need to be comfertable with soldering on the pc board the software is pretty simple

you need a st link unit to hook your pc to the radio but there cheap

after you hack it you wont need a reverser and will be able to change steering modes with a push of a button on the radio

the gt3b/c are great radios but they need to be hacked

there not hard to hack but you need to be comfertable with soldering on the pc board the software is pretty simple

you need a st link unit to hook your pc to the radio but there cheap

after you hack it you wont need a reverser and will be able to change steering modes with a push of a button on the radio
Exactly. [emoji1688]

Back