• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

4 wheel steer - 1 or 2 BECs

new2it

Quarry Creeper
I'm thinking of setting up four wheel steer. Do I need two BECs, one for each servo or can I wire them both up to one BEC? Thx.

I run a single 10A CC BEC for all my 4WS vehicles. One of them has Savox 1231 servos at both ends on 2.2's. Savox's are known for being hungry and I've not had an issue yet.

Thanks. I have two Hitec 7954s. Glad to know I can run them on a single BEC. Was thinking I needed a CC BEC Pro but it sounds like I can get away with the regular one.

I'm not a fan of the pro for my reasons, but on my c3 rig I feed each servo with its own bec.... Simple fact if a bec fails it only effects one servo not the whole mix...... I comp my rigs so this is why. May hold up with one on two servos I just prefer it this way as to less failures and easier fixes.

I'm with Joker.. I ran 2 bec's and each had it's own bypass. That way, if one failed (which happened) I could plug the front steering into the rear steer bec and keep going.

Sounds like I should run two to be safe and have a back up. Thx for the help. Now a wiring question. Do I need two open slots in the receiver or do I wire the two BECs together and use one slot? I'll try googling and see if I can fnd a diagram.

Winnerone23 - did you make the bypass or can you buy one?

Sounds like I should run two to be safe and have a back up. Thx for the help. Now a wiring question. Do I need two open slots in the receiver or do I wire the two BECs together and use one slot? I'll try googling and see if I can fnd a diagram.

Winnerone23 - did you make the bypass or can you buy one?

We have all made them and bought them from holmes.......

Each spot in rx is for each channel..... You are only using the control wire from rx.

You can but cannot run two servos from same channel..... I'll let someone else explain
Ours are ran each servo to two different channels.my rigs run 6 ch rx.

I'm such a noob with this. I was thinking I would wire it so that both front and rear turned at the same time (in opposite directions) when I turned the wheel on the radio. I only have a 4ch radio. Sounds like I need to do some more research.

You can do with 4 ch...

Throttle, front steer, rear steer and winch.

Problem is lack to use each axle independently they way you discribed and also it will crab walk only..... You can get it to 4 wheel steer that way but you have to reverse one servo. Running independsnt is much easier to drive.

Here we go, maybe dumb questions, but oh well. How do you wire a bypass? Could you use a 6ch rx with a 4ch tx (use a 4px)? Use the two extra channels for Bec?

Here we go, maybe dumb questions, but oh well. How do you wire a bypass? Could you use a 6ch rx with a 4ch tx (use a 4px)? Use the two extra channels for Bec?

It's pretty easy, you just have to do a little research and tinkering.

For the bypass you buy one of these:
Holmes Hobbies LLC

Yellow and black wires go to the reciever
Red and black wires go to the BEC
The end with the yellow red and black wires goes to the servo

The BEC has two power wires that go to the battery.

Your radio question depends on the radio and receiver. "thumbsup"

Just a few ideas for you guys. I realize it isn't for everyone...

Here's an easy way to add a BEC for your steering servo. This is great if you are someone that doesn't like to solder:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/290652-no-brainer-bec.html

If you decide to use one BEC to feed your servos, I can make a version for you like this one:

DualChannelNoBrainerBEC_zpsd893646d.jpg

To make 4WS easy:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...-4-wheel-steering-controller.html#post3931858

Is it possible to build two bec's in one package. My only problem is where to put two bec's. I I could get it in one small package that would be awsome.

Is it possible to build two bec's in one package. My only problem is where to put two bec's. I I could get it in one small package that would be awsome.

I have done this for a couple of customers. It does however make the BEC twice as thick.

Is there a way to shrink it up some.maybe going to a pair of 5 amp bec's rather than ten amp ones. Just trying to get it as small as possible.

Is there a way to shrink it up some.maybe going to a pair of 5 amp bec's rather than ten amp ones. Just trying to get it as small as possible.

Not that its much of a size changer, but I smashed mine together...... Then seperated them later on...... Both of mine are chillin on the boat sides of the c3. Just rip the coating off of em and pasti dip em then stuff em under the seats..... Lol. Come on mike you can find a spot

I wouldn't go to 5 amp......

Back