• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3s LiPo 5000mah Venom w/ Traxxas ez peak plus

Boongoosen

I own two vehicles, a Traxxas slash VXL and my freshly built TRX4.

The battery, 3s 5000mah LiPo runs great on both vehicles and no issues charging the unit until I introduced my battery to the TRX4.

After my maiden voyage yesterday with the TRX I was immediately having low voltage errors on my Traxxas charger. After an hour of fiddling it finally started to charge correctly, balanced of course.

Then again today, I take it for almost 2 hours and again, I take it out of of my TRX and when I attempt to charge it I get low voltage error.

My TRX4 runs the stock electronics, the esc is green and in showing that it’s in low voltage protection mode and cuts off accordingly.

Perhaps the esc is not cutting off the battery fast enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should check (and reprogram, if necessary) what the LVC is. If it's at 3.0V, or less, that's probably the problem. As for 'how' to program the ESC, that's going to depend on what ESC you're using (and, if all stock Traxxas electronics, whether, or not, your using the Traxxas Link Bluetooth module). If all stock Traxxas electronics (including transmitter & receiver), check the TRX4 manual.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I could not get my trx ezpeak live to charge anything other than trx packs....

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I could not get my trx ezpeak live to charge anything other than trx packs....

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
If its the "live"version you need to use the app and Bluetooth to get to those settings.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I own two vehicles, a Traxxas slash VXL and my freshly built TRX4.

The battery, 3s 5000mah LiPo runs great on both vehicles and no issues charging the unit until I introduced my battery to the TRX4.

After my maiden voyage yesterday with the TRX I was immediately having low voltage errors on my Traxxas charger. After an hour of fiddling it finally started to charge correctly, balanced of course.

Then again today, I take it for almost 2 hours and again, I take it out of of my TRX and when I attempt to charge it I get low voltage error.

My TRX4 runs the stock electronics, the esc is green and in showing that it’s in low voltage protection mode and cuts off accordingly.

Perhaps the esc is not cutting off the battery fast enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can buy a cheap low voltage alarm plugs into the balance tab on the batt.Then you can test to see if the lvc is functioning correctly.you can set the cutoff level on the alarm.It is a good failsafe as well.it will monitor cell voltages in real time.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back