• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3rd Annual Curtis Bautista Jr. R/C Tough Truck Challenge Results

special agent

Rock Crawler
3rd Annual Curtis Bautista Jr. R/C Tough Truck Challenge Results UPDATED

Saturday night started off with a few laughs and stories. We fed our faces with some awsome potlock food provided by everyone that entered the night 1.9 comp. With the G6 in a box opened the bautista's along with jason carter setup a short and sweet 2 lap 50 gate course, with a single file start to a bottle neck Gate 1 in and around the hulacross track at Kalaeloa Raceway Park, with a few simple rules NO HANDS OF GOD & NO WINCHING.

After the dust / motors burning smells settled, it came out to a drag race the last 10 gates with travis & erik. Watching them go at it bumper to bumper was a site to see, but erik fell alittle short handleing the win to travis. Not only did travis finish first, but as a true sportman he went back into the track to help out anyone that needed help to recover.

As the night went on making new memories with old and new friends causing only about an hour of sleep me and jason was back at it at 530am setting up for 3rd Annual Curtis Bautista Jr. R/C Tough Truck Challenge. It's a five course set uo with a sled pull / tank trap / mud bog / hill climb / obstacle course using there 1.9's & 2.2's where drivers had meneuver their trucks through the tough mud / rocks/ logs section. After all the broken parts at the end of the day each course had different winners. But the overall winner was sheldon that took home the top prize for 3 straight years in both classes.

For all the work I put into this, I've been into r/c crawling since 2007, and this is the first time we had with (21) 1.9's and (14) 2.2's that's 35 total truck that entered with 60-70 PEOPLE AT THE EVENT!! That's unheard of for a r/c crawling event in hawaii.

I would like to thank sheldon / kila / jeff / jason for stepping in to help out and make this event possible while the bautista's tend to a family issue. Thanks nate (freedom riding)for taking video, can't wait to see it. Bronson from JP Customs RC's / John Thornton from RC4WD / Hobbitat for the prize giveaways. Kalaeloa raceway Park / 213 Speed Garage / Paradise Lua for hosting the event. But most importantly YOU for coming out and celebrating with us to honor the life of Curtis Bautista Jr.

See you all at our next year's event & future events. Aloha

Tatum "special agent" Bautista

Saturday night 1.9 comp

1. Travis
2. Erik
3. Teenz
4. Chris
5. Bronson
6. Klint
7. Jeff

3rd Annual Curtis Bautista Jr. R/C Tough Truck Challenge

1.9 Tough Truck

Obstacle Course
1. Ryan Gate 6 11:13:78
2. Luke Gate 4 56:81
3. Travis Gate 3 29:40

Tank Trap
1. Sheldon 3:29:25
2. Erik 4:10:12
3. Chris 6:01:19

Hill Climb
1. Sheldon 1.88
2. Jon 2.70
3. Luke 2.88

Sled Pull
1. Travis 30 lbs 17' 8"
2. Ryan 30 lbs 8' 1"
3. Josh E. 30 lbs 4'

Mud Bog
1. Sheldon 6.57
2. Ryan 8.85
3. Derek 10.69

Overall
1. Sheldon
2. Ryan
3. Travis
4. Luke
5. Jon
6. Chris
7. Josh E.
8. Russ
9. Erik
10. Klint
11. Derek / Kahana
13. Kila
14. Josh
15. Bronson
16. Teenz / Rick
18. Ryde / Jeff / Isaiah / Brandon

2.2 Top Truck

Obstacle Course
1. Jeff DNF Gate 15
2. Kila DNF Gate 14
3. Chris DNF Gate 14

Tank Trap
1. Sheldon 1:14:56
2. Kila 2:03:18

Hill Climb
1. Sheldon 1.60
2. Kila 1.75
3. Chris 2.52

Sled Pull
1. Sheldon 34 lbs 4' 8"
2. Russ 34 lbs 4' 2"
3. Ryan 34 lbs 4'

Mud Bog
1. Brandon 5.30
2. Ryan 6.57
3. Bronson 7.58

Overall
1. Sheldon
2. Kila
3. Ryan
4. Chris / Russ
6. Brandon
7. Erik
8. Bronson
9. Jon
10. Teenz
11. Kaui / Jeff
13. Jerry
14. Luke

Last edited:
Thank you Bautista family and sponsors "thumbsup"
For the opportunity & experience which will never be forgotten.
I am still a noob but now I have a better understanding of what TTC is all about and can't wait for next year ....lots of prep
maybe 2.2 class for me next year also....maybe:roll:

First off, thanks to all that made this happen. Can you believe in just 3 short years this event has grown from 7/8 drivers competing in someones yard all the way to 35 drivers competing at KRP? WOW Now that's awesome. Let's keep this growing gang!

Congratulations to all drivers! Everyone did fantastic regardless where you placed. From the newest of the new to seasoned veteran, YOU are the reason for a successful event.

Can't wait to do it again!

3rd place sled Pull!!! Yesssssss lol thanks guys for this. I love comps, it makes all the effort you put into your trucks worth it!! Next year I will have a WINCH lol.

Excellent recap! I had an absolute blast for the full 24 hrs I was there! And a big thx to everyone esp the bautistas for putting this on. Hope I'm here still for the next one."thumbsup"

Sheldon thx for the locker. It really helped me out"thumbsup"

Back