• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3 slot vs 5 slot

Obena808

Hey everyone

Made the mistake of ordering the Reedy Radon 3 slot 17 turn motor, opposed to the 5 slot 17 turn.

Im curious to know what the main difference is, and how it will effect my rigs crawling ability overall.

Thanks in Advance
-SuperNewb

I run a 5 slot 17T motor in my TF2.

The 5 slot motor are smoother than a 3 slot which is good for crawling and the fewer turns will give you the wheel speed you might need to bump over an obstacle.

To be honest, I don’t think you’d really notice much difference between your 5 slot Reedy and say a 3 slot 35T motor.

The 17t 3 slot is much faster. Personally I would return it and request the 5 slot.

Basicaly 5slot is smoother with less torque. Lower initial start speeds on the 5slot as well. .
These machine wound motors might not be that dramatic of a change though.

The turn number vs rpm*volt is also different. As stated a 17t 5slot might be comparable in speed to a 35t 3slot motor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks alot, gives me a bit to think about.

My Gen8 has a good motor in it currently, but the start up is a little jumpy sometimes. I just want a smoother start up really.

Back