• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

3.8"/40 series tyre recommendations

syscon

I need to replace my tyres on a vintage 1/8 (1/5) crawler. Not a lot of choice in 3.8" for crawlers. Was looking at the RC4WD 40 series mud slingers or michey Thompson's. Anyone have experience with these or similar. Using mainly for rock crawling, not trail running.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

There's just not a lot out there in that size. RC4WD makes a few, but they are quite tall. Mine are nearly 8" tall.

20231001-131607-SM.jpg

SCX6 wheels and tires might be a good bet, they are the right size, but not on 40 series rims. You'll need a 17mm hex IIRC and a set of wheels.

Traxxas Summit Geode tires are pretty decent too, I've yet to try a set but I've seen them in action and they are not terrible.

There's just not a lot out there in that size. RC4WD makes a few, but they are quite tall. Mine are nearly 8" tall.

20231001-131607-SM.jpg

SCX6 wheels and tires might be a good bet, they are the right size, but not on 40 series rims. You'll need a 17mm hex IIRC and a set of wheels.

Traxxas Summit Geode tires are pretty decent too, I've yet to try a set but I've seen them in action and they are not terrible.
Thanks, I'll take a look...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back