• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2021 bronco light kit + Hobbywing Fusion compatibility

XPLORx4

Quarry Creeper
Hi all,

It's been a while since I last tinkered with my RC crawler, which is an AX10. I am thinking about getting back into the hobby with the TRX4 2021 Bronco.

I am also interested in getting Traxxas Link and the LED light kit, but I know in the future I'd like to replace the XL5-HV ESC and motor with an ESC that has a better drag brake and crawl control. I like the Hobbywing Fusion FOC 1800kv ESC/motor combo. However, I am not able to determine if the LED light kit is compatible with the Fusion. Does anyone know how to make the LED light kit work with the Fusion?

Thanks.

I've got the Traxxas light kit for the Defender, assuming the Bronco kit is similar. Anyway, I've powered mine directly off the battery, all the way up to 4S. The kit (mine, at least) is nothing more than a power regulator and LED lights. The regulator seems pretty flexible about input voltage. I run XT60 connectors, and got an XT60 passthrough with a JST lead. I use the JST lead to power the Traxxas light kit regulator. I used to run a Holmes BRXL ESC in it on 4S with no issues whatsoever.

I'm running the Fusion 1200kv now, BTW. You're going to love the Fusion setup - super smooth at low speed. :)

Last edited:
I've got the Traxxas light kit for the Defender, assuming the Bronco kit is similar. Anyway, I've powered mine directly off the battery, all the way up to 4S. The kit (mine, at least) is nothing more than a power regulator and LED lights. The regulator seems pretty flexible about input voltage. I run XT60 connectors, and got an XT60 passthrough with a JST lead. I use the JST lead to power the Traxxas light kit regulator. I used to run a Holmes BRXL ESC in it on 4S with no issues whatsoever.

I'm running the Fusion 1200kv now, BTW. You're going to love the Fusion setup - super smooth at low speed. :)

Awesome to hear, thanks for the heads up! I was gonna convert to all xt60's this week I am waiting for the black ones with the grey cover for the wires to show up lol.

What made you decide the 1200 over the 1800?

EDIT i realized this was not my thread but my comment still stands lol

Last edited:
What made you decide the 1200 over the 1800?

Lol, I'm a total junkie for low speed control. For me, it's just really relaxing to try and drive as scale as possible and that means being able to rotate the tires as slow as possible. For most people the 1800kv is probably the better choice.

1200kv is definitely slower than stock, but you get the ability to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7mXM_txfRs

^^^ BTW, this isn't my rig just a video I found on YT. But it sold me on the 1200 vs 1800

Last edited:
Lol, I'm a total junkie for low speed control. For me, it's just really relaxing to try and drive as scale as possible and that means being able to rotate the tires as slow as possible. For most people the 1800kv is probably the better choice.

1200kv is definitely slower than stock, but you get the ability to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7mXM_txfRs

^^^ BTW, this isn't my rig just a video I found on YT. But it sold me on the 1200 vs 1800

Wow that was like effortless for it almost looked like a cat stalking the rock lol I totally get your decision! I come from carpet racing so I may need a bit more speed but that was very convincing!

Wow that was like effortless for it almost looked like a cat stalking the rock lol I totally get your decision! I come from carpet racing so I may need a bit more speed but that was very convincing!
Eh, dont worry, my 1800kv can creep just as good. Id go 1800kv personally.

Veterans deserve a whole month too...

Back