• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

2.2 SCX10-Pic Heavy-Want Suggestions!

ProjectSCX10

Quarry Creeper
I posted my build in the SCX10 section but I havent gotten much feedback. So I'm trying here!

Go here if you wanna see it from the beginning!
My ever-evolving SCX10[/COLOR]

Go here to see my WIFE'S (YES MY WIFE!) Dingo, "Pinky!"
My Dingo "Pinky"-My Husband is helping me build it :)

Here is how my truck stands now:
SCX10 Honcho
Novak Goat 2s 18.5 turn Brushless
Castle BEC at 7.0 volts
Hitec 5885tg servo (Such a beast!)
FlySky FS-GT2 2.4 Ghz Radio system
GensAce 5000mah 2S 40c LiPo
Axial Aluminum Comp Shocks 72-103mm 30wt oil on custom plate mounts
12.3" Axial Aluminum Links
4 link front and read.
2.2 Ripsaw Tires
2.2 Custom Solid Derlin wheels (3oz. in each)
MIP CVD Driveshafts
Solid Steel Spools front and rear
Chopped Dingo front and rear bumpers

Parts on the way:
2.2 TopCad 8 Spoke Aluminum wheels
TopCad front and read aluminum bumper mounts

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0606-1.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0622.jpg

IMAG0623.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0653.jpg

PLEASE give suggestions and feedback! I enjoy all of it!

I Update very frequently with new parts and tons of pictures!

Thanks for looking!!

What type of foams are you running in the tires? If you are running stock or cut ripsaw foams, you could greatly benefit from some Crawler Innovations 2 stage foams. I have them in my 2.2 C3, 1.9, and XR10. They are awesome and only about $25 total.

Definitely you could look at over and underdrive gears for the Front/rear

If you want to keep the body, you can never go wrong with some AR60 Wraith axles under that rig. :twisted:

I haven't read your full thread in the scx 10 section yet, so I'll stop here until I see the details of what you have done.

Ltr

They are the foams that come in proline mashers. Like them a lot.

Which gears specifically?

AR60s is s long term dream for sure. It'll happen in time@ :)

No really, the CI foams really are that damn good - your rig is only as good as the tires and your tires are only as good as your foams.

I'd work on lowering that battery as much as possible - it's pretty high up there right now.

Overall, very nice rig, glad to see you're enjoying the hobby "thumbsup"

Looks good! Don't be put off by lack of interest, there are a ton of builds on the site, and relatively stock trucks don't get much love. Once you start modding to different bodies and custom tubework to make it more scale, that's when things start to get interesting. It's your truck, build it, drive it, and enjoy it. "thumbsup"

No really, the CI foams really are that damn good - your rig is only as good as the tires and your tires are only as good as your foams.

I'd work on lowering that battery as much as possible - it's pretty high up there right now.

Overall, very nice rig, glad to see you're enjoying the hobby "thumbsup"

I've got some in my shopping cart for my next order "thumbsup"

And I've got my battery as low as I can get it. Any lower and it'll hit my radio box. I very rarely roll over due to extreme angles. It's low enough for my taste. Good observation though!

Cheers!

Looks good! Don't be put off by lack of interest, there are a ton of builds on the site, and relatively stock trucks don't get much love. Once you start modding to different bodies and custom tubework to make it more scale, that's when things start to get interesting. It's your truck, build it, drive it, and enjoy it. "thumbsup"

Very true haha. The biggest thing I'll ever do is go with AR60 axles. I'm all aout doing the best I can on a "married life" budget haha :lmao:

Have any of you guys ever ran Pitbull Dos Piezas 2.2 Kompilation 2-Stage Foam? They are available on my favorite site to order from for the same price and size.

Which gears specifically?

AR60s is s long term dream for sure. It'll happen in time@ :)

Run some 36/14 over drives up front. And 43/13 in back. It'll help with crawling a lot. Surprisingly u can still drive on high traction surfaces but its really best offroad. There are other brands besides axial (I think ckrc has some maybe integy or topcad)

Have any of you guys ever ran Pitbull Dos Piezas 2.2 Kompilation 2-Stage Foam? They are available on my favorite site to order from for the same price and size.

Never run dos piezas. There are too many testimonials on here for crawler innovation and after getting some I'm a believer. Nothing else will do. The different firmnesses available and tuning rings make these top notch.

You can also do what I'm in the middle of... 4ws. If u have an extra channel Heyok makes great 4ws controllers.

Back