• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1973 Ford Bronco and 1966 Chevrolet C-10 Clear Body paint colour

prontozuk

Pebble Pounder
Hi ALL,

I asked proline racing the following and they the response. I am not any good using airbrushing. can anyone think of brand and colour code that might come the closest.

regards James
---------------------------
my question to proline
Hi,

I am interesting in getting 1973 Ford Bronco Clear Body or 1966 Chevrolet C-10 Clear Body (Cab & bed) that fits my Vaterra Ascender and I am wondering what orange colour code are the on the following as they look really good.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1966-chevrolet-c-10-clear-body-cab-bed.asp
3483_l.jpg

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1973-ford-bronco-clear-body.asp
3313_l.jpg

regards
---------------------------

there response
----------------------
Hi James,
Those colors were custom mixed with airbrush paint. If you are using an airbrush you can mix that paint color by adding some yellow to a bottle of red to turn it more of a red/orange color. Just do a little bit at a time to adjust the tint of hue you want. Hope this helps answer your question. The Bronco was just about a standard red color, and the `66 Chevy was a more red/orange color. Good luck with your Crawler project!

If you are interested we do have an airbrush paint line now!
Click Here to check out our current color pallet https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories-paint/
----------------------

When I am curious about colors, I Google-search using the paint code - this works especially well for Tamiya colors... example below found searching Tamiya PS-7 Orange (posted by laneboysrc on sgcrawlers forum - looks like it would match the Pro-line Chevy color very closely):

20120714.jpg

When I am curious about colors, I Google-search using the paint code - this works especially well for Tamiya colors... example below found searching Tamiya PS-7 Orange (posted by laneboysrc on sgcrawlers forum - looks like it would match the Pro-line Chevy color very closely):

That's what I do. Unfortunately, sometimes the color in the images varies greatly due to the lighting, quality of the camera, etc. But it does help for sure.

On one RC forum, of which I forget, there's a guy that paints white spoons and shows the samples. This is great. If you can find those images they have helped me decide on a color more than once.

Thanks for this info on the C10, I'm just about to paint one, hoping to replicate the Proline one and had just assumed it was red. Will go with PS7 orange now.

That's what I do. Unfortunately, sometimes the color in the images varies greatly due to the lighting, quality of the camera, etc. But it does help for sure.

On one RC forum, of which I forget, there's a guy that paints white spoons and shows the samples. This is great. If you can find those images they have helped me decide on a color more than once.

I agree completely with you there, the quality of the photograph has a lot to do with determining precise color matching.

I'd agree with PS7 being the closest, just be sure to back it with black, it will darken it up a little bit.

I'd definitely back with black, personally I like to do that with all my bodies as it helps with the appearance when you're out crawling in the sun (keeps the body from appearing translucent) and makes for more scale accuracy in the fender areas.

I would do the Tamiya PS7 then back it with red then silver. It will give it a nice tone of orange that is darker than just the ps7, almost like a higher orange.

Back