• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1080 ESC Calibtration Problem

Matt0676

Hello everyone!

I am having some serious problems calibrating my 1080 ESC. Let me add that I have watched a ton of videos and read other threads...I feel as though I have a very good understanding of the process and how it is supposed to work.

Here is the rundown...when I turn on the ESC and enter calibrate mode, all is well. However, when I try that first calibration (neutral), it doesn't beep and just turns the LED off completely. I have steering, I have LEDs, I have no throttle.

When I just turn it on normally as though I'm going to crawl, I get 3 beeps (running 3s battery), but no single follow-up beep to signal "ready". It instead blinks constantly with no end in sight.

Here is a list of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
- Factory reset ESC
- Factory reset ESC with programming card
- Re-bound my Tx and Rx a dozen times
- Quadruple checked that both my Trim and Fine trim are at 0
- Disconnected my servo, keeping only the ESC wired to the Rx
- Swapped batteries
- Checked motor wires and flip-flopped them
- Tried the 3-prong wire from ESC to Rx in both directions

Here is a list of the components I have:
Transmitter - Spektrum DX5C
Receiver - SR6100AT
ESC - Hobbywing 1080
Motor - Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster 16T
Batteries - 3S 3500mAh
Servo - Savox SA-1230SG

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. I am 90% done with my first build and am dying to crawl! The sad part is, our local hobby shop is closed for 2 weeks due to COVID.

Back