• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1.7" wheels

Tchinghar

The tamiya semi wheels are 1.5 inch iirc. The front wheels are unpowered, and use a 5x11 bearing in the wheel. I have no clue on offset numbers. However, the powered axles are very narrow and use a dually setup with a wide offset.

I have a couple sets of RC4WD 1.7" tires that I mounted on 1.9" wheels - they worked out just fine, better results than mounting 1.9" on 2.2" wheels, which can sometimes negatively affect the tire and sidewall profile.

The tamiya semi wheels are 1.5 inch iirc. The front wheels are unpowered, and use a 5x11 bearing in the wheel. I have no clue on offset numbers. However, the powered axles are very narrow and use a dually setup with a wide offset.

Maybe they changed but my tamiya semi uses 1.7. I converted my grand hauler to a 6x6 and am using a front 1.7 wheel from a lesu. They are not beadlocks, at least the ones I have but they are aluminum so you have to glue them on.

yeah im pretty sure theyre 1.7. i believe its the trailer wheels specifically that im looking at, as they are single wheels, wide and with 12mm hex
the two questions are, are the mounting beads the same width as normal and the offset, which isint as important

I have a couple sets of RC4WD 1.7" tires that I mounted on 1.9" wheels - they worked out just fine, better results than mounting 1.9" on 2.2" wheels, which can sometimes negatively affect the tire and sidewall profile.

the main reason for the 1.7 wheels is for scale accuracy, so stretching to 1.9 is not an option. its on 1.9's at the moment and there are plenty of tire options! but wheels look too big

Back