• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1/24 TF2 Builds

kincer

RCC Addict
Subscribed Member
So Rpp Hobby had a buy one get one deal so I thought what the hell, they can't be that bad, well yeah they suck totally out of the box, but with a couple simple tweaks they are a lot of fun! The first thing I did was order a couple N20 motors off of Amazon 1:50, 1:100 and a 1:150, they screwed up on one of them and sent me a 1:10 so that's useless as the stock reduction is 1:30, I screwed up the 1:50 by accident so for now the yellow truck has the 1:150 reduction for now, I have three more 1:100 on the way which should be perfect. I used the N30 motor that came with it with the new gear reduction off of the N20. It is slow but will walk over anything, the 1:100 will be just right. The next thing I did was change the steering links around, move the servo link to the furthest hole out in the horn and move the other end to the back hole on the knuckle, then move the tie rod link out to the front holes on the knuckles, this dramatically increases the steering. The next thing was to get rid of the velcro and use magnets, this is so much easier to mount the body and it actually stays put. I detailed the grilles on both trucks so far, did alot more to the yellow one tonight, I painted the inside of the body flat black, that keeps the light from showing through and looking like it came from a cereal box, painted the hood and bed flat black, found some Toyota decals laying around for the tailgates.
4085c58a6f67bd3eaff9db77c222dc7e.jpg
48b926ab1481b23273fc56938d3f2b9e.jpg
f06d2861891eb6824c71e8f7014aee1e.jpg
4cfb18cc869b89d027f569fcb1cbcb17.jpg
4413adbd4074e703f5ae717dd87e3b76.jpg
b923278f6048a7e4e5bdcceeb1e360c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
34451963cb376d076aced16b1d31a53d.jpg

That grill looks nice!

Mine arrived today. I haven’t stopped laughing. I’m mean I knew it was going to be bad but….. :???: damn. It’s bad. What do you think about that suspension? Maaaaaybe a 1/4 inch of travel. Im happy with the axles, wheels, tires, and body. That was worth the $60. It’s salvageable with either free/low cost mods or even $$ mods (furitek’s new tf2 motor).

It’ll be interesting to see your finished project "thumbsup"

That grill looks nice!

Mine arrived today. I haven’t stopped laughing. I’m mean I knew it was going to be bad but….. :???: damn. It’s bad. What do you think about that suspension? Maaaaaybe a 1/4 inch of travel. Im happy with the axles, wheels, tires, and body. That was worth the $60. It’s salvageable with either free/low cost mods or even $$ mods (furitek’s new tf2 motor).

I'm hearing that Orlando shocks have more travel but to be honest running outside in my river rock garden it does really well, out of the box it just sat there and bogged out, and would barely steer the front wheels so I couldn't really get a read on suspension but with the changes I'm pretty happy with the suspension, with the steering mods it damn near turns the tires into the front links. With the 1:150 gearbox it will push the other truck that has the stock gearing. I think the 1:100 gearbox will be perfect, a little more wheel speed but still lots of torque. I may try a Hobbywing 1625 esc I have laying around with 3s that may be the ticket.

Couple more details done to the red one done, still have to paint the inside of the body like the other one and do the bedliner but it's Sunday and I'm tired lol20221127_135751.jpg20221127_135816.jpg20221127_135910.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

That grill looks nice!

soo soo bad, and i got one back when they were 170$ ROFL it just sits on the shelf

Back