• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1/10th Oxy Acetylene rig

caymin last

Rock Crawler
I've been wanting to get 'Uncle Fred's shop' back to work on some uncompleted builds, but time and other things got in the way.
After seeing all the guys building scale shops/garages, it was time for dusting and removing the cobwebs, it also seemed like a good idea to maybe remodel the shop a bit, and add some more equipment.
Here is my attempt at a oxy acetylene rig...

Had some empty Co2 cartridges and a box of scrap styrene.

DSCN4769.jpg

DSCN4771.jpg

DSCN4772.jpg

Also made a tool cart

DSCN4773.jpg

Dryfit the regulators, gas bottles painted, started on a cutting torch
DSCN4780.jpg

DSCN4779.jpg

Built a welding cart
DSCN4786.jpg

DSCN4785.jpg

torch is done
DSCN4788.jpg

Got all the parts painted
DSCN4790.jpg

Time to put it all together
DSCN4792.jpg

DSCN4795.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

Good enough for a background prop I guess.

Thanks for taking a look.

You best check the date on that acetylene bottle and bring it in for a swap, it's looking kinda tattered.:mrgreen:

That is surely one of the most scale built items I have seen in quite a while. Excellent skills"thumbsup"

Thanks Creeperbob!

You best check the date on that acetylene bottle and bring it in for a swap, it's looking kinda tattered.:mrgreen:

That is surely one of the most scale built items I have seen in quite a while. Excellent skills"thumbsup"

Thank you kindly Sir!
The guy who delivers the supplies assured me that the nasty looking bottle had been certified, even though there is no sticker to prove it, LOL!

excellent work on the torch! I was thinking that the gas supplier must get the Oxy. bottles from the same place I get mine, I trade in a nice, new shiny one and get one back that looks like it has been stored in a salt water bath.

excellent work on the torch! I was thinking that the gas supplier must get the Oxy. bottles from the same place I get mine, I trade in a nice, new shiny one and get one back that looks like it has been stored in a salt water bath.
Thanks, yes, I worked in a welding/fab shop, and we also got some nasty looking refills from time to time.

Very very nice! I've been gathering parts to build one too. Did you cut down the shorter cartridge?
Thank you. Yes I cut the bottom off of one and also a little off the neck of both, the taller one has a piece of cardstock wrapped around the bottom to make it look flat, and able to stand up. They have a pretty thick wall to them for their size.

Your attention to detail on this is stellar. Very inspiring craftsmanship.
I offer humble gratitude for your kind words.

I once turned in a brand-new oxygen bottle. I've been getting bottles in return that look like they've been through a war ever since!

:shock: Damn good looking torch rig, especially for being assembled from "scrap" "thumbsup" you've got some skills dude...

Dam that looks awesome............. Makes my stuff look bad. But it helps me to see hows others build their stuff.

Very nice, as a welder i love the detail. Good work.

However it looks like your running 16 psi in the acetylene that's in the danger zone. Lol

I have to add to the praises. I don't know how you do it. Damn. You have way more patients than I do. Care to sell it.;-):mrgreen:.
What else have you created?

Back