• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1/10 WW2 jeep build: need scale tire suggestions

dugans

I am printing an Ossum jeep in 1/10 scale and trying to find tires that are at least close to proper scale.
Most of what I find are far too big.

I am not a perfectionist but I figure proper tires would be about 70mm diameter and between 20-25mm width.

I am not too concerned about the wheel size needed - I am sure I can print something that will work, just looking for a tire that will not look out of place.

I have spent a good bit of time looking but everything I find is either 2" or well over 3 1/2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1/10 scale for a Willys Jeep is a little small but if you were to take it up to 1/9 scale or even 8th scale, your options would be much wider.

To answer your question, as mentioned by DrIsotope, the 1.7 low riders are the closest to your size tire. Considering your 10th scale, 1.55" tires should be the correct wheel size. There are a few that come to mind, but are in the 3.0-3.4" range. The smallest 1.55 tire I know of is the RC4WD Dirt Grabber, at just under 3" and about 7/8" wide. The next is also from RC4WD...the Mickey Thompson MTZ. IMO, this is the most scale looking 1.55 tire around. Another small 1.55 tire is from TeamDC. They're about the same size as the the MTZ's, with one having a similar tread to a BFG A/T and the other like a Pit Bull Rock Beast. The last 1.55 small tire I think of is Associated CR12 tires at just over 3". I think there are also, some small vintage Tamiya buggy tires, but I'm not sure of the actual sizes.

Also, if you're doing it in 8th scale, Pit Bull has some perfectly sized 1.9" NDT tires. These could also be reduced to 1.55, for a more scale looking military looking tire.

Here are a couple of builds on SBG, that may offer some views on tire size and help in your choices.

2Beers Willys Fun Build

Wesmade Granddaddy?s Jeep C2-JA Beach Cruiser

Hope this helps... "thumbsup"

Thanks, folks - great links and I love those builds.
Well past my abilities to fabricate bodies from scratch.

Printing bodies and mixing/matching parts is one thing but fabricating from scratch is beyond my current skill level.

I am set on the actual 1/10 scale so it will match a 1/10 scale Sherman tank I am just about done with.

Those low riders look like they will fit my needs pretty well- thanks for that. Ordering a set now.

Back