• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

1/10 VW T1 Samba Micro Bus on 3D Printed Chassis and Tamiya Lexan Body Shell

Thanks... this was the inspiration behind this build....full scale version...

Pls. show me your build...
its been sitting for a few years but ill see what i can do
they have rusted alot since they were built
73 camp mobile
disk break conversion
2.0l ugrade
78 model 3 speed automatic trans modified to fit the 73 its suprizingly great on a vw bus
and did the weber swap to get rid of those funky duel carbs
did the roof mod cause my head hit the roof
and added some extra cabinets to the inside

then theres the 71 beetle convertable
modified to a 2 seater hard top roadster but the fiberglass kit i made kinda rotted away so as it sits new its just a regular rusty beetle the convertable top is in storage till i get around to rebuilding it
thats all the VWs i have right now
ill take pics later when i feel upto walking over to the other side of the property it takes some preping its a long walk lol
i used to have a bunch more but i only saved the ones in really good shape but then they sat and time took its toll there stil saveable and the rot has stoped but there in desperate need of restoration
they will never be driven on the road again in my lifetime but my kid wants them so maybe she will fix them up and drive them again
anyway i just love looking at them so ill keep em and drive them around the property

Last edited:
Wow that is darn incredible! Nice work! (y)
thank you sir... this build was purely accidental, im in the middle of a CAT 140H build and kinda burned out doing the CAD and to divert my attention for a brief moment, i went searching for a printable chassis in 10th scale, found this one from a sharing website and decided to print it. since i have a couple of 1/24 die cast of this bus, i went looking for a body shell, luckily, Tamiya has one.. and that is how this build came to be... did some more research for a reference, and found the "Otter the Overlander" pictures online, and was just amazed by that rig.

thank you sir... this build was purely accidental, im in the middle of a CAT 140H build and kinda burned out doing the CAD and to divert my attention for a brief moment, i went searching for a printable chassis in 10th scale, found this one from a sharing website and decided to print it. since i have a couple of 1/24 die cast of this bus, i went looking for a body shell, luckily, Tamiya has one.. and that is how this build came to be... did some more research for a reference, and found the "Otter the Overlander" pictures online, and was just amazed by that rig.
You're welcome. I'd love to see that CAT as well.

Jaw dropping to say the least ... love that interior on the T1 (y) Awesome3D printer work (y)

Well now that you've let the cat out the bag, please share a build thread, if you have any on those other BAD ASS machines you replicated! Out of this world dedication and CAD Skills dude!!!!! I am ready to pack up my stuff and leave the hobby now.

Jaw dropping to say the least ... love that interior on the T1 (y) Awesome3D printer work (y)
thank you, appreciate it... 3d printer really opened up something amazing for me... i just love to create and seeing those creations come to reality feels great.... those 3 builds are still lined up for paint...

Well now that you've let the cat out the bag, please share a build thread, if you have any on those other BAD ASS machines you replicated! Out of this world dedication and CAD Skills dude!!!!! I am ready to pack up my stuff and leave the hobby now.
Thanks, i still have this one build i have not told all you guys yet, but on another forum i did already, my very first big rig build.... the Kenworth K100 Aerodyne... not really good at creating build thread or whatever, i take pictures as much as i can and upload them in a sharing website. This build is 2 yrs old now...

Last edited:
Build progress picture set for CAT 140H Motor Grader

Build progress picture set for CAT D8T Dozer

Build progress picture set for Oshkosh M1070 A0 Tank Transporter and 6-wheel Low Bed Trailer

This is my custom build chassis and hard body, scratchbuilt, not 3d printed, Nissan Patrol Safari 4x4

Back