• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

★ HOMELESS HILUX TRUGGY ★ Mattzilla - pardonmyn00b collaboration

ScaleDustin

I'm HUGE in Japan!

htb.jpg

★The Homeless Hobbies Flagship Truck Build★
Finally it's starting to come together.. After collecting parts and stash'n cash for 4 months I finally have something to show for it!
It's nothing special yet but soon I'm almost positive even I will be impressed.

So heres the run down

Mattzilla Truggy chassis

Axial axles w/ full RC4WD Aluminum Upgrades

RC4WD Dual Spring 90mm's with the Ballistic shock caps < had to..

MIP CVDS

RC4WD 1.55's

RC4WD Mud Slingers

Axial Tranny

Tekin FXR

OLD School Trinity Green Machine 27t motor

JR Redbox HT Servo

Futaba 2106gf mini receiver

and of course a fresh hilux body!

I have enlisted the master of styrene himself "pardonmyn00b" to put his magic touch into the hilux cab...
God knows it wouldnt be a flagship truck if I put any of my magic touch into it... More on that directly below..

Before magic touch
_BH11346.jpg

After magic touch
_BH11407.jpg

I'll have a ton of pics up in the next few days.. until then try and guess what happened to the f350 body..lol

Last edited:
Re: ★ HOMELESS HILUX TRUGGY ★ Mattzilla - homeless hobbies - pardonmyn00b collaborati

Left it on the dash of your car with the windows rolled up?

Or heatgun? That one just seems so obvious though......

Last edited:
Re: ★ HOMELESS HILUX TRUGGY ★ Mattzilla - homeless hobbies - pardonmyn00b collaborati

Painted it @ 2am and when it started to rain I threw it in the oven to dry(no heat) I woke up to my wife yelling about RC EVERYWHERE!!! lol
She tried to preheat the oven..:lmao:

Since I dint start taking pics @ the start of the build I snapped enough to tell the story so far..

Making room for my tool box..
_BH11350.jpg

ZILLA!
_BH11351.jpg

The tool box will be my battery box.. Once the cab gets installed and bolted down it would be such a pain in the a$$ to have to remove it for every battey change.. The only bummer is it limits me to 1300mah 3s batteries

_BH11348.jpg

This was originally going to be a f350 1.9 but a buddy brought his hilux over and sat the body up on the mattzilla chassis and it was PERFECT! so I had to go with the hilux and the 1.5's The f35 didnt work out anyway... what a horrible fit..

_BH11423.jpg

I tried a few different tires and wheel combo before I decided that the 1.5 slingers were the way to go.. But I may throw the pitbulls on from time to time just because theyre such a bad ass tire!
_BH11427.jpg

_BH11428.jpg

I'll be following this one. Starting a very similar build with Mattzilla truggy chassis formerly known as Hurricane Hilda. Same cutout for the toolbox too. I'm going to cram my esc and receiver in there if possible and run my batt inside cab somehow.

"thumbsup"

Yes, Zek's.

No issues with the powdercoating that I can tell. Got a few dings in it but it's all rock rash.

Looks like Mattzilla cut the hole for toolbox in mine before it was powdercoated. No raw edges..

A few pics of the stamped beadlocks wrapped with 1.5 slingers

_BH11416.jpg

_BH11418.jpg

I've gotten so used to 27 turn motors that I cant stand running anything but!
I got of the these Green Machines in a Giant "BOX O CLOD" I bought off
of a crazy RC10 nut.. They were brand new and wrapped in socks like they
were being used as weapons @ some point...
_BH11430.jpg

_BH11431.jpg

RPP!!! A the ime I ordered my Hilux cab last week NO WHERE had one So I jumped on ebay asia and grabbed one from JAPAN... The next day Rpp was stocked up again so I ordered another on.. Needless to say but this baby got here faster than a jack rabbit on Mid Ohio Meth...

_BH11433.jpg

Mounted her up right outta the box!

_BH11438.jpg

_BH11439.jpg

I also grabbed up some esc's... I'm tired of burning out esc's and having to wait for a replacement!

_BH11484.jpg

This is what I'm thinking for esc placment but I'm going to wait for n00b to give it the "n00b-ian" treatment before I make any final decisions..

_BH11442.jpg

She's on her way to pardonmyn00b for the make over..."thumbsup"

Hit it n00b!:twisted:

wow is that a vp 4 link truss too?

Yup you opened my eyes to the axle cases....great build thus far.

Back